These Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Cauliflower Tots are a tasty way to start your day or the perfect snack to keep hunger at bay.
Wouldn’t you love to have something so delicious to wake up to in the morning, that you vigorously hop out of bed even before the alarm goes off? Well, that’s exactly what these Bacon and & Cheese Cauliflower Tots can do to you!
Call me crazy (you are probably right!) but when I go to bed with a solid plan for a yummy tasty breakfast, BONUS if it gives me the nutrition I crave, not only do I sleep better but also effortlessly wake up, feeling like I’ve already accomplished the day. It’s either -the power of meal planning or I am just insane when it comes to food 😜
This got me wondering how do you feel about food and meal planning?
Check out this Prosciutto Egg Boat recipe!
These Bacon & Cheese Cauliflower Tots are your low-carb -potato substitute- for the classic tater tots recipe but I guarantee you, this is just as delicious and flavorful!
Aside from a delicious recipe that you can serve for breakfast, these cauliflower tots are a tasty option for a light lunch, healthy afternoon snack or party appetizer!
But I’ll be perfectly honest, this recipe DOES have a downside which is to roll the tots. So if you can get an extra set of helping hands, that’ll be awesome, otherwise distract yourself with your favorite tv show because for the next 8-10 minutes you will be rolling them out into pretty tots!
HOWEVER, once you’ve accomplished this task, you will love every bite of it. Promise!
I hope you enjoy waking up to these delicious and tasty Bacon & Cheese Cauliflower Tots, paired with your favorite cup of Joe and perhaps some scrambled eggs… hmmm, it’s making me hungry again!
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tbsp scallion, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
- salt + pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower for 10-12 minutes. Once cooked set aside to completely cool off to reduce moisture.
- Pile all the slices of bacon on top of each other to make it easy to cut them into ½ inch pieces. Transfer the bacon pieces to a hot skillet and cook until browned (about 10 minutes)
- When cauliflower is cooled, add it to the food processor and work it until the cauliflower turns into grain-like texture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large glass bowl. Add remaining ingredients and fold until uniform.
- Scoop up about ½ tbsp of the cauliflower mix into your hands to form into tots. Add each cauliflower tots about 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet. You will probably need two medium size baking sheet, or one large and one small. This recipe makes about 40 Cauliflower tots.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 15 minutes then turn them and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- Serve hot/ warm with catchup or hot sauce.