This week I am sharing a salad recipe. A lot of us are trying to slim down for bathing suit season and I think this low carb Cucumber & Shrimp salad, which can totally replace a meal, will take care of satisfying your hunger and help you cut down on calories.
Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good week so far. I am excited to share this week’s recipe with you because is so tasty and I know you are going to love it. As mentioned above, a lot of us are trying to eat a little healthier and opt for light meals. This is a great time to do so because It’s when the vegetables and fruits are in season, and they are an excellent options to eat to stay healthy, fit and hydrated.
Vegetables… well, actually fruits such as cucumbers contain a lot of water, which help us to stay hydrated. They are light in flavors and easy to add to salads, juices and smoothies and other delicious recipes. Cucumbers are awesome to eat raw, as a healthy snack too. In fact, most of the time we just eat cucumbers plain sliced or whole, and the kids love it too!
This summer I am planting a few cucumber plants, in addition to many other varieties of our favorite vegetables and fruits. I will be trying something a little different this time. In an effort to try to use up a lot of our space outdoors, I will be growing my cucumbers vertically. I can’t wait to share the experience with you in a later post!
So for this week, I have a fresh cucumber salad with shrimp sautéed in herb butter, tossed with bell red pepper and chia vinaigrette dressing with a hint of asian flavors. This salad recipe is so tasty you won’t want to stop eating!
I hope you enjoyed this salad recipe and try to make at home. If you do so please share you creations with hashtag #ribaswithlove on Instagram. I encourage you to also follow my account on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for a bite of inspiration!
- 12 large shrimp, peeled
- 1 tbsp high quality butter
- 1 tbsp sage, minced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- sea salt, to garnish
- 1 tbsp soy ginger sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- In a cast iron pan, melt the butter in medium heat. Add the shrimp, sage and garnish with salt and pepper. Sauté the shrimp cooked and both sides are golden brown (about 10 minutes). Let it cool off completely.
- Spiralize the cucumber and lay out on paper towels. Gently pat cucumber it towels to soak up the excess liquid. Using kitchen scissors, trim cucumber into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Add the chilled shrimp and toss to coat.
- Add the cucumber and toss to coat.
- Garnish with cilantro and sea salt. Serve immediately