These no-bake s’mores bars are a fun spin on the classic s’mores and the perfect combination of sweet, chewy, and crumby, an indulging summer dessert you can’t resist!
You know summer is here when the grocery stores reserve an entire corner isle to display the irresistible and classic trio; chocolate-marshmallow-graham crackers!
Chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers are the components of one of the most indulging treats and classic summer dessert -S’MORES. These tasty treats were originally called “Some Mores,” and later on shortened to “S’mores” yet records show that Girl Scout publications dated prior 1971 used the longer name.
If you never tried S’mores, grab a stick and join the line because you are in for a treat!
Inspired by the classic s’mores recipe, I made these delicious no-bake s’mores bars which requires no sticks or fire -and are excuses-free, in case those “technical difficulties” come up to jeopardize your plans (such as rain, out of wood or Mommy can’t make a fire). Simply make these easy no-bake s’mores bars (or bark, they break easily!) and enjoy on a sweet summer night!
These no-bake s’mores bars are a fun spin on the classic s’mores and the perfect combination of sweet, chewy, and crumby, an indulging summer dessert you won’t resist!
**I must warn you, these s’mores bars don’t last long as it is nearly impossible to put them down. They are highly addictive and insanely delicious, so plan accordingly 😉 half batch, hide away or simply go-for-it!!
- 9 honey graham crackers
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 9oz dark chocolate (chocolate of choice)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place all the crackers in a large ziplock and smash them into fine crumbs using a heavy object (roller, serving spoon, or such). It helps to place the bag on a layered hand towel to absorb the impact. Take 1 tbsp of the cracker crumbs out and set aside.
- Transfer crackers to a medium bowl, add butter and mix until uniform. Pour onto a 9x5 loaf pan with fitted parchment paper on all sides (see picture). Press cracker mixture down as hard as you can using the back of a spoon. Then place it in the freezer for the duration of the next step.
- Pour the marshmallows in a medium bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Because microwave power varies a lot, it’s best that you watch the marshmallows “melt". The key is to stop the microwave when the marshmallows start to puff-up like a balloon. Again, this will only take a few seconds (30 seconds for me!). Remove from microwave and quickly stir with a spatula. Quickly pour melted marshmallow over the cracker layer and start spreading right away. If the marshmallow become too hard to spread, simply spray the marshmallow layer with cooking spray and using the back of a clean spoon continue to spread until the marshmallow layer has coved the entire pan. Set aside.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and microwave for 45 seconds, remove and stir with a spatula. If needed add more time until the chocolate has melted. Pour melted chocolate over the marshmallow layer evenly. Sprinkle with reserved cracker crumbs and place it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (waiting is the hardest part!)
- Remove from freezer. Carefully lift parchment paper along with frozen s’mores. Place it on top of a cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut the s’mores into full-sized bars.
- The marshmallow will slightly expend at room temperature and become softer, which is perfect to bite into. Serve cold and store remaining s’more bars in the refrigerator.