Low Carb, gluten-free and keto Baked Parmesan Chicken stuffed with fresh asparagus and gooey mozzarella cheese! This 30-minute meal comes together easily, packs in the flavor and is a great source of lean protein!
I always say classic recipes are classic for a reason right? They are the most delicious foods you can eat, there is a level of joy and comfort whenever you eat these foods which are usually associated with our childhood memories aaaaand you know they are always a hit.
Like… can’t go wrong, right?
Well, that’s Chicken Parmesan my friends. So good, you can barely take a breath between bites!
But wait, did you say Chicken Paaaarmesaan?!
Chicken Parmesan OR Chicken Parmigiana
Both! Actually chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan, pollo alla parmigiana (Italian), chicken parm (US) or parmy, parmi or parma (Australia) is a popular Italian-American dish. They all mean the same thing, although there are variations to it, like some people will use breaded chicken cutlets, same for the cheese mozzarella and provolone being the most used.
I order Chicken Parm every time I eat out. Is it easy to make at home?
Oh lord yesss! This baked parmesan chicken (or chicken parm) recipe is so easy to make that you are going to make it all the time!
Pinky promise 🙂
Side note: listen up folks, this blog’s theme is “healthy and wholesome recipes for busy families” for a reason. Regardless of what keeps me busy and what keeps you busy, truth is we are all busy. So not only do I want to give you recipe ideas that are easy and fairly quick to make, but that’s all the time I can afford to invest in my own cooking too!
How do I made a delicious restaurant style chicken parmesan at home
Glad you asked! 🙂
We will start by trimming 2-3-4 or however many breast you like. Once you clean up the fatty bits, make a cut in the center (the long way) like a pocket, but don’t cut through. Season all sides including the inside pocket.
Now stuff that beautiful chicken breast with asparagus, let it hang of the ends, and mozzarella (or provolone) cheese. A little goes a long way, so don’t over stuff it.
Sear the chicken on both sides for 3-4 minutes. Is it absolutely crucial that you sear the chicken? No! But it will add a nice thin crispy golden layer to the chicken if you do.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add a scoop of your favorite marinara sauce and more cheese if you like, because cheese makes life complete haha, then go ahead and bake for another 2-3 minutes just enough to melt the cheese.
That’s it! Now you get to enjoy your favorite restaurant-style Parmesan Chicken, but better because it’s stuffed! And as far as I am concerned, everything that comes “stuffed” is next level.
Healthy Tuna Noodle Casserole loaded with veggies, chunks of wild albacore tuna and coated with a deliciously light creamy sauce!
Baked Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
- 3 whole chicken breasts, washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 stalks asparagus, 2 for each breast
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or provolone
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees
- Wash and trim each breast, dry with a paper towel. Make a pocket-like cut on the side of the chicken (the long way). Do not cut through, all you need is a little opening
- Season the breasts on both sides including the inside pocket.
- While you are quick prepping the chicken, make sure to heat your cast iron with olive oil.
- Place two asparagus inside of each breast. Let the asparagus hang of the ends. Stuff the breast with and a handful shredded cheese (this is literally how I measure things!). You can’t go wrong here, so add more or less depending on your preference.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts top side down in the heated cast iron and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cast iron to the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. This is a good time to check and see if the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165F). Spoon some marinara sauce on top the chicken and top it with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 2-3 minutes just enough time to melt the cheese.
- Remove from oven and serve with fresh parsley and grated cheese.