Due to the abundance of zucchini in the house I decided to try this recipe, which is a bit unlikely of me since I am not a chocolate lover, but the kids are and so I decided to make this as a healthy treat. The results were amazing and even I enjoyed a few bites!
In this recipe I used natural and gluten free ingredients, so for those who are looking for a healthy chocolate zucchini bread recipe, this one is perfect!
Here is your list of ingredients. Note you can substitute some of the ingredients for the one of your choice.
Related chocolate articles: Superfood Cacao
- 1½ cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture evenly and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let it cool off for 10 minutes than enjoy it with a glass of Homemade Almond Milk or your favorite tea!