These are the best healthy muffins you can ever eat. Made with quality natural ingredients that can provide your body with good nutrition and fulfillment without compromising the taste. Now your morning experience just got a whole lot better with these delicious and quilt-free Coconut Blueberry Muffins. Enjoy!
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Picture a hungry caterpillar happily munching through a whole small tree and crawling away with a guilty smile hoping no one noticed it. Yep, thats me! Often times I have a whole breakfast menu planned out before I even wake up.
Most mornings we have scrambled eggs with cheese for the kids and no cheese scrambled or fried for Mom and Dad. However this is hardly ever enough to satisfy my morning hunger. So I usually sauté some greens and mushrooms, bake fresh rolls or croissants and always have fresh fruit. Ideally I like three yummy varieties on my plate and yes I love it when one of them is a muffin.
When I was considering making these muffins I knew it would a bit of a challenge because I wanted to use coconut flour and coconut flour only!
Coconut flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. When baking with coconut flour in the past I learned that it is a much dryer type of flour and harder to absorb moisture. That said, you cannot substitute the flour in this recipe otherwise you will get a very liquid batter, as other grain flours absorbs moisture differently.
To make this all coconut flour recipe work I was armed with a large glass of fresh homemade almond milk because I did not know how much the coconut flour was going to soak up. You will also need an extra egg or two but I can assure you that the end result is as delicious as it is healthy.
My hope was to make these coconut blueberry muffins taste as terrific as the ones at my local coffee shop and healthier. The kind that I could eat one, two or even three and be okay with it. My goal was also to use ingredients that are acceptable to most dietary needs. These delicious coconut blueberry muffins are a perfect fit for vegetarians, gluten-free and paleo diet.
These delicious healthy muffins are also a delightful treat for an afternoon snack with your favorite cup of tea.
Freeze any extra muffins to enjoy again later.
Coconut Blueberry Muffin
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups homemade almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or coconut spread
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with baking cups
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients
- Gently combine the wet ingredients into the dry. You might want to use your hands at this point. Do it as if you were making meatballs.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Hand grab an amount and gently form into a ball large enough to fill the muffin mold (okay to stick out above the surface)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.