Hearty ground beef, fresh corn, and a handful of aromatics are sauteed together to create this flavorful and versatile Ground Beef Corn Skillet. Serve this easy one-pan recipe as an easy weeknight dinner or as the delicious filling in burritos, bowls, or breakfast hashes!
One-pan skillet recipes are always a huge hit in my house. My Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Skillet, Ground Turkey Butternut Squash Skillet, and Shrimp Corn Skillet recipes are all full of flavor, well balanced, and a breeze to clean up! They make me wish I could cook every meal in just one pan.
This simple ground beef recipe is a quick and easy 20-minute meal that’s also mind-blowingly versatile! Enjoy this protein-packed healthy ground beef recipe on its own, use it as a filler for veggie bowls, or stuff the savory ground beef and corn into tacos, burritos, breakfast hashes, or stuffed peppers. The possibilities are endless!
All you need are a handful of simple ingredients to make this healthy ground beef skillet recipe. Beef, corn, and cherry tomatoes together create a savory symphony that’s elevated when mixed with easy aromatics, like cilantro and garlic. I guarantee that this deliciously simple and healthy skillet meal will become a well-loved staple in your household!
We love ground beef recipes because beef adds so much flavor to whatever you are cooking. This beef skillet with corn and tomatoes is a favorite quick go-to meal for busy nights. It’s one of our best healthy ground beef recipes because it’s veggie-packed and made with just one pan!
How to cook a beef skillet with corn
Soften the red onions, garlic scapes, chives, and any other green herbs (except cilantro) in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
To your now fragrant herbs and onions, add the ground beef and sauté until it’s just about fully cooked.
To finish, stir in the corn kernels, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cover the skillet with a lid and continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the finished skillet warm with the toppings and side dishes of your choice!
Tips and variations
- For a heartier beef skillet, mix in some cooked rice or short pasta noodles in the last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking.
- To make it creamier, stir in your favorite shredded cheese just before serving. The cheese will melt, creating an ooey-gooey base for your beef and corn.
- Enjoying the skillet for dinner? Try adding some fun toppings! I like adding sour cream, hot sauce, avocado, and freshly squeezed lime.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs instead. Just be sure to use less of each spice since they tend to be more potent when they’re dried.
This ground beef skillet is an extremely versatile dish! You can easily serve it on its own for dinner or as the extra protein in your favorite bowl, burrito, or breakfast dish. Here’s how I love to enjoy it:
- For dinner – This beef skillet makes an excellent low-carb main dish. Simply serve your finished skillet alongside some of your favorite side dishes, like crispy oven roasted potatoes or garlic parmesan butternut squash.
- Grain bowls – Scoop the flavorful ground beef corn skillet over top cilantro lime brown rice, sheet pan roasted veggies, black beans, and cooked potatoes all in one bowl.
- Burritos – Stuff the beef into tortillas with easy homemade Mexican rice, my Brazilian pinto beans, and a handful of shredded cheese for fun, slightly elevated ground beef burritos.
- Breakfast hash – Create a super hearty breakfast hash by pairing the ground beef and corn with some hashbrowns, breakfast potatoes, fried eggs, and shredded cheese in one bowl. Top the hash with sour cream and hot sauce for the ultimate breakfast feast!
Storing and freezing
- To store, place any leftover ground beef skillet into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, keep the leftovers in a freezer-safe airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 4 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight or reheat from frozen.
- To reheat, warm the leftovers in a skillet over medium heat or for a few minutes in the microwave.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Le Creuset Braiser Mine is color nectar.
- Hamburger Chopper The perfect tool for breaking apart the ground beef.
- Spatula America’s Test Kitchen recommended spatula.
- Herb Scissors with five blades, cutter, chopper and mincer!
More delicious ground beef recipes
- Beef and Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Baked Pasta with Ground Beef
- Lazy Day Beef Pot Pie
Ground Beef Corn Skillet
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ears corn, Kernels removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- aromatics & fresh herbs, cilantro, chives, garlic scrapes*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add oil to a skillet and wait until it gets hot. Quickly add in the chopped red onions and some green herbs and aromatics such as garlic scrapes and chives (best to add cilantro later). Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and saute until just about fully cooked, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add corn kernels, tomatoes and handful of cilantro, season with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Check to make sure the vegetables are cooked to your liking. The meat should be fully cooked by now.