Gluten-free, One-Pot Pasta & Chicken Fajitas (GF); an easy and wholesome meal that you can feel good about serving during busy weeknights. This flavorful recipe only takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
It feels good to be back in business! Theoretically, I did indeed work all summer, as my extra 4 lb will assure you that food was not missing from the plate, neither will my full storage Canon. However, it didn’t quite feel like work mainly because the kids were home and we managed to squeeze in a few to many outings during my “work days”, but hey… that’s what summer is for, am I right?!
Now that we’ve embarked in yet another journey, with back-to-school demanding schedule and countless sports and social activities, it can sure leave anyone feeling overwhelmed. However, for me is always about going back to the basics and simplifying things, without compromising on what really matters.
Making (wholesome) dinner happen is not only possible, but fun, fulfilling, nourishing and a lifestyle that you want your kids to grow up with. When my kids get home from school, I set them up at the island to do their homework, while I chop up some veggies and prep for dinner. This not only helps me keep an eye on them, but I want them to get accustomed with home cooking.
However I cannot ignore the time limitation factor, which is why I am a huge fan on McCormick’s New Organics Recipe Mixes to help me make flavorful dinners in one easy step. The New McCormick’s Organic Recipe Mixes are conveniently packaged, certified organic and non-GMO seasoning mixes. Paired with other wholesome ingredients like quinoa, lean meats, and seasonal veggies, these seasoning mixes can help you make flavorful dinners you will feel good about.
The new McCormick’s Organic Recipe Mixes come in four family favorite flavors, such as Taco Seasoning Mix, Chili Seasoning Mix, Fajita Seasoning Mix and Brown Gravy Mix. Definitely a mix to spice up any meal!
With little time in one hand a McCormick Organics Fajita Mix package on the other, dinner is a mere 30 minutes away from being served.
It sure feels good to make a delicious and wholesome dinner in 30 minutes. This one-pot pasta and chicken fajitas is perfect for the whole family. And when dinner is done, I can almost always count on the last few bite of chicken and peppers to make myself a delicious wrap for next day’s lunch.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 lb gluten-free pasta (penne)
- 1 pk McCormick's New Organic Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 3 bell peppers (different colors)
- cilantro, garnishing
- pinch salt
- Season both sides of the chicken with McCormic's New Organic Fajita mix. Set aside ½ tbsp of seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the chicken. Sauté each side for 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add water, salt and remaining seasoning to the pan and cover for 5 minutes or until the water comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the pepper into long strips and slice de chicken.
- Add pasta to the water and let boil for about 5 minutes. Stir as needed.
- Add peppers and chicken to the pan, cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.