Simple Chickpea Salad
This 15-minute Simple Chickpea Salad is an easy and healthy summertime favorite. Canned chickpeas and a medley of vegetables are tossed in a lemon vinaigrette, then garnished with fresh herbs. Bring it to summer picnics, make it for healthy lunches, and more!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 4 mini Cucumbers chopped small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
Add chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Toss to combine
In a small jar mix salad dressing ingredients and shake well to combine.
When ready to serve toss in the dressing. Garnish salad with fresh mint leaves and lemon slices for a fresh and bright touch.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 903IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg