Slow Oven Roasted Beef Brisket
This Slow Cooked Oven Roasted Beef Brisket is seasoned with a smoky dry rub and cooked low and slow in the oven to create tender, fall-apart beef. Enjoy the hearty and moist slices or shreds on a sandwich, smothered in barbecue sauce, or on mac and cheese!
Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 tbsp each, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika
- 1 tsp each, chipotle, smoked maple, chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin, coriander
- 1 tsp salt and pepper* adjust to taste
Remove all excess fat from brisket. Pat dry with a paper towel.
In a small bowl mix all the dry spices and seasonings. Rub it all over the beef brisket on both sides.
Place seasoned brisket in a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate brisket overnight or at least a couple hours prior to cooking.
When ready to cook, remove brisket from fridge at least 30 minutes prior to cooking, to allow it to reach room temperature.
Pre-heat oven to 300F degrees. Cook brisket covered in foil for 3 hours or until fork tender.
Transfer brisket to a cutting board and the meat juices to a container to use it later. Either slice or shred the brisket. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with meat juices.
- To store: Place any leftover slow roasted brisket and meat juices into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Place your refrigerated or thawed leftover brisket and meat juices into a roasting pan or baking dish and heat in a 325°F oven until warmed to your liking.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 523mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 0.02mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 3mg