Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Servings: 8 people
- 2 3/4 lb bonelss turkey breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop fresh rosemary, thyme and sage into tiny pieces. Alternatively you can use a mortar and pestle to crush the herbs.
Add herbs, butter at room temperature, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and stir into a paste.
Pat dry turkey breast and coat entire thing with with herb paste. Be sure to coat everywhere including under the skin if possible.
Roast at 475F for the first 10 minutes then bring oven temperature down to 350F and roast for an additional 1 hour to hour and 1/2 (about 30 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature has reached 170F degrees.
Remove from heat and cover with foil. Allow for 10 or 15 minutes of rest before slicing.
- Make ahead: ‘Dress’ the turkey breast with garlic and herbs, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let turkey come to room temp, then proceed with roasting.
- Store: Refrigerate roast whole or sliced in an airtight container for up to a week. It tastes so good cold. And warm with gravy. This recipe is so versatile!
- Freeze: Freeze leftovers sliced or cut into bite sized pieces in an air tight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg