Air Fryer Picanha Steak
This Air Fryer Picanha Steak is juicy, tender and melt in your mouth good. A simple salt rub enhances the deep savory flavor while the air fryer ensures the meat cooks up evenly and retains its moisture.
Servings: 4 people
Season whole picanha steak with rock salt on both sides (skin and fat sides). Cover with foil or a kitchen towel and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Slice Picanha lengthwise (with the grain, see notes). Decide on how thick you want your steak based on how you like your meat done. My picanha steaks are on the thin side, they turned out medium to medium-well done.
If using skewers, fold each picanha steak into a "C" and pierce the two ends of the picanha together (see image)
Cook in Air Fryer at 450F degrees for 15-20 minutes depending on your preference.
- It's important to use the right rock salt for best results. See link to the rock salt I used in the list of ingredients.
- It's best to season the picanha with rock salt before slicing it otherwise the steak will be too salty. When you season the picanha generously over the skin and fat, and allow the picanha to sit at room temperature, the steak will taste perfectly seasoned and not salty.
- It's important to cut the steak with the grain, this video tutorial is very helpful.
- Cut picanha steak 1/2 inch thicker for medium-rare doneness or cook for 15 minutes.
- Skewers are optional, most air fryer baskets won't fit a skewer, mine happens to fit (see the exact air fryer I use linked in equipment list as well as the skewers.
Calories: 590kcal | Protein: 57g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 7221mg | Potassium: 761mg | Vitamin A: 43IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 5mg