Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice
It’s an explosion of FLAVOR! This Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice will change the course of your entire meal! Make it any day of the week because it is super EASY!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 can 14oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp each; paprika and cumin
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
In a large dutch oven pan heat the oil. Add in onion and garlic sauté until fragrant 2-3 minutes. Then add the diced tomatoes, juice and all. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add rice and all seasoning. Stir to combine. Pour in 2 cups of water (equal measure rice = water), stir and cover.
Cook on medium heat for 15-17 minutes or until all water has absorbed.
Add fresh cilantro and lime juice. Give it a gentle stir to combine. Serve