Tomato Basil Creamy Tortellini
Creamy tortellini with fresh tomato and basil topped with shaved parmesan cheese!
Servings: 2 servings
- 9 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 whole tomatoes quartered or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package instructions **(1-2 minutes shorter)**. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water. Drain tortellini and set a side
Meanwhile heat oil in large casserole. Add garlic and shallots, sauté until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes start to soften 2 minutes). Add butter and cream, stir. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Now add the tortellini, basil and the reserved pasta water. Briefly fold to combine. Top with shaved parmesan cheese and serve.