Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
Easy and flavorful chicken thighs made in a sheet pan with carrots and Brussel sprouts!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp each, onion powder and smoked peprika
- 1/2 tsp italian herbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large carrots, chunks
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 1 small yellow onion, quarted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (avoid if dairy-free and whole30)
Add chicken thighs to a zipper back along with all seasoning. Shake the bag until the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate chicken in bag for 1/2 hour or up to two days.
When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 425F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange chicken thighs in sheet pan the add the veggies (carrots, brussels and onion) around the sides. Melt butter and pour over the chicken to add flavor and help crisp up the skin*
Cook for about 30-35 minutes or until skin starts to brown and internal temperature of chicken is 165F degrees.
You can substitute the chicken thighs for chicken breasts, instead cook at 400F for 20-25 minutes. For chicken legs cook for the same time and temperature.
*avoid this step if dairy-free. Chicken skin will still crisp up