Healthy Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
This Healthy Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry is packed with veggies and easy to digest flavors. The thin strips of chicken are super tender and moist. Overall a great tasting dish that you and your family can enjoy and feel supported on your journey to good health.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, small pieces
- 1 cup cabbage, very thinly sliced/ chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce* (sub for coconut aminos for keto)
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms Maple Syrup* calorie-free, program approved
- 1 pinch freshly grounded black pepper**
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, minced or thinly sliced
- fresh green onions or scallions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil or EVOO
Heat oil of choice (toasted sesame for extra flavor or EVOO) in a large skillet until you can feel the heat by bringing your hand close to the skillet. Skillet must be hot.
Add in the garlic, ginger and give it a quick stir (10 seconds) and right away add the chicken. Stir well as it cooks until the chicken is no longer pink and raw looking. The chicken should have just turned opaque white but not fully cooked (4-5 minutes)
Add the veggies (broccoli, cabbage and red bell pepper) and also the soy and maple. DO NOT STIR. Cover, turn heat down to medium-low and let it for 5-7 minutes. The veggies will soften and not overcook.
Now toss everything well using a pair of kitchen tongs. Top with green onions and sesame seeds and serve.