Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
This instant pot cabbage roll soup is lean and clean, filled with belly happy veggies like cabbage and immune boosting bone broth. This recipe cooks in 10 minutes and its perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or diced
- 14 oz puréed tomatoes* pure no sugar added
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped into medium chunks
- 32 oz broth* whole30, keto approved
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
Turn instant pot on sauté mode. Add oil, when hot add ground beef, onion and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Sauté until meat is brown but not necessarily cooked through (about 10 minutes)
Add remaining ingredients; carrots, puréed tomatoes, cabbage, broth and bay leaf. Give it a good stir.
Cover the instant pot. Cancel sauté mode and lock valve. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When done allow for NPR.
Garnish Cabbage Roll Soup with fresh herbs and serve.