Garlic Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet
This one-pan Garlic Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet would be perfect for dinner tonight. It’s a simple meal that just happens to be low carb, easy to make, nourishing, and full of flavor!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 head garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
In a large skillet heat oil. Add in chicken skin side down and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium-high heat or until skin turns golden brown. Flip chicken and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate
Add in butter garlic and green beans. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes tossing the green beans and garlic slices consistently, until garlic is golden and green beans have cooked slightly but still holds a crunch.
Add the chicken back in and drizzle with soy sauce. Allow flavors to incorporate for 1-2 minutes. Serve
- Chicken thighs - I like using boneless chicken thighs but boneless chicken breasts work just as well. Bone-in chicken also works and will give the dish more flavor but will take longer to cook.
- Green beans - While this recipe calls for green beans, you can use almost any vegetable you like. Substitute them for asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, or any combination of veggies.
- Garlic - The minced garlic is cooked along with the green beans for an irresistibly savory flavor. If you want to take it a step further, mix the garlic in with the butter
- Olive oil and butter - Both are used in the skillet to cook the chicken and green beans.
- Soy sauce - This is added at the end to give the chicken skillet dinner an umami flavor. If you’re gluten free, you can use tamari or coconut aminos instead.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 216mg | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 844IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg