Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry; a tasty take-out style Chinese chicken dinner that you can make at home in less than 30 minutes! This low-sodium meal makes for a healthier eat-in choice that everyone will enjoy.
-Mom, can we have Chinese food for dinner?? Does this sound familiar to you? Well, you’re not alone. My kids love Chinese food and they ask for it all the time. Truth is, we love it too 🙂 but we tend to “save” the opportunity for a special occasion, in fact, going out for Hibachi style Chinese became a birthday tradition at my house.
However, as much as we enjoy going out for Hibachi, the sky high prices we pay for the entertainment of watching your food being cooked in front of you, are quite unappealing. Furthermore, if sodium intake is something that concerns you, than you might think twice about Chinese take-out as often as you would like.
Making your favorite Chinese dishes at home can be easier than you think, healthier and taste just as good. It has been the perfect solution to those “bagging-for-Chinese-food” nights I hear so very often. At first hand, I wondered if I would be able to replicate all the delicious flavors and even glanced at the idea that perhaps the Chinese Masters use a special secret ingredient, but I quickly discovered that it was just my imagination running wild 🙂
Glad I didn’t settle for the fearful decision to disappoint my children or waste food, because eating delicious Chinese foods in the comfort of our home is something we have been enjoying ever since I made Sesame Teriyaki Salmon in foil earlier this summer.
Aside from the obvious, here are a few more reasons why this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is right for you;
- got caught between a tight schedule and your health needs? no problem! you can cook this meal in less than 30 minutes!
- this recipe is made with low-sodium soy sauce + noticed no additional salt added ? my choice of ingredients makes this meal not only tasty but healthier too
- this delicious take-out-style meal comes with big $avings!
- kids love it, parents do too!
- makes for a tasty leftover lunch you can take to work
- impress your family and friends with this delicious meal, but good luck convincing them that it’s not take out food 🙂
- feel like you’ve accomplished another culinary goal
I am so thrilled and excited to be sharing this recipe, I know you and your family will love this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry and the possibility of bringing more Asian style dishes to your table. I won’t leave you craving for more… go head and hop to my Asian Quinoa Salad recipe for your next around-the-world dinner menu idea!
Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 5 chicken fillets
- 1 lg broccoli head
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds garnish (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp agave brown sugar or honey
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp flour
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large casserole or frying pan. Add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for 6-8 minutes or until fork tender. Remove the mushrooms and broccoli and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and sauté the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar or agave and chicken broth and mix. Stir in the flour slowly and mix until smooth.
- Return the chicken, mushroom and broccoli to the pan, stir to combine with sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the stir fry and serve over rice or noddles.
Here are a few other recipes I thought you might like…