My Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry is a simple 30-minute meal. Tender chicken and cooked broccoli are dressed in a savory sauce made from just 5 ingredients! Soy free, gluten free, and Whole30 approved.
Are you ready to save time and money? Then you have to try this recipe for Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry! Full of flavor and even better than takeout, this easy recipe is here to fill you up and go along with your copycat Chinese takeout dinner.
This Chinese chicken and broccoli stir fry, much like my Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry, Salmon and Broccoli Stir Fry, and Shrimp Stir Fry, is soy free, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 approved. Plus, it takes minutes to whip up and is the perfect meal for busy weeknight dinners. What could be better than that?
The stir fry sauce is made with simple ingredients like coconut aminos, powdered ginger, and honey. It’s sticky and sweet with a slight umami flavor for added depth. This easy sauce coats the chicken and broccoli, making each bite so flavorful while remaining soy and gluten free.
This easy and flexible dinner is best served over rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa, or noodles with your favorite copycat takeout recipes on the side. Serve it to your family on busy weeknights along with my Quinoa Salad and Soy Free Asian Salmon.
How to cook chicken for stir fry
This easy stir fry recipe is made with cubed skinless and boneless chicken breasts. They’re seared in a skillet with sesame oil for a few minutes to achieve a beautiful golden brown crust around the outside before the broccoli and stir fry sauce is added.
The key to cooking chicken for stir fry is to not overcrowd the pan. If this happens, the meat will steam instead of sear and you won’t achieve the delicious crust or golden brown color.
How to make stir fry with chicken and broccoli
Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the cubed chicken breasts. Cook for about 10 minutes before adding in the garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, and honey.
Lastly, add the broccoli into the skillet. Cook until it’s bright green and tender. Add the sesame seeds in the last minute of cooking and stir. Plate the chicken and broccoli stir fry over rice or noodles and enjoy!
What goes well with chicken stir fry?
Stir fry is best served over white or brown rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa, or noodles. Soba, egg, or udon noodles are best but feel free to use a long pasta if that’s all you have at home! To keep the recipe gluten free, serve the stir fry over rice noodles, your grain of choice, or sauteed salad greens.
Making this for a copycat Chinese takeout dinner? Serve the stir fry next to takeout favorites like fried rice, Mongolian beef, and chicken chow mein.
- Add ins – Feel free to add more to this stir fry recipe. Mushrooms, cauliflower, cashews, almonds, chickpeas, or carrots would all be delicious additions.
- Instead of chicken – Make my soy free beef and broccoli stir fry or swap the chicken for firm tofu cubes.
- If you don’t need soy free – Feel free to use soy sauce or tamari instead of coconut aminos in the sauce.
The leftovers store well in airtight containers in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.
To reheat, simply heat the leftover stir fry in a microwave for 1 or 2 minutes or in a skillet over medium heat. Stir with a little added water or more sesame oil until warmed through.
More easy chicken dinners
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry (Soy-Free)
- 4 pieces chicken breast fillets (no skin) cubed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet or griddle. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ginger powder, coconut aminos and honey and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add broccoli florets and stir. Cook on medium low for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Just before it’s done cooking add in sesame (optional). Stir to distribute sesame evenly.