Healthy Asian-style Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry recipe that is free of soy and gluten, also Paleo and Whole30 approved!
Asian recipes has got to be one of the most likable international cuisines, earning the approval of even the most judgmental and pickiest eaters. Kids! I don’t know about you but whenever I mention the words “order” and “Chinese” in one sentence, my kids will shift from the most vegetative state of x-box(ing) or snap-chatting to full alertness and excitement!
You mama’s out there probably know exactly what I mean!
So I have been making this Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry as well as this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry version of this recipe, which are free of soy and full of flavor, and is also gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 approved. This recipe is my happy compromise because we all know that eating out can be expensive, inconvenient at times and most important, you get to control the ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients…
What are Coconut Aminos?
Coconut aminos come from the coconut sap, it’s dark, rick and has a nice balance of salty, a hint of sweet, and umami flavor. It resembles soy sauce or tamari except that it is wheat, soy and gluten-free which makes this sauce the perfect replacement for those avoiding soy and gluten.
Now, if you want to throw a total Chinese dinner I would recommend that you include this Instant Pot Quinoa Fried Rice. This healthier substitute of a vegetable fried rice is incredibly tasty and kids approved also!
Another great variation of this recipe is this Shrimp Stir Fry and this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry. I have a daughter who is a pescatarian so I made this same exact recipe using shrimp instead and the result was just as delicious!
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry (Soy-Free)
- 4 pieces chicken breast fillets (no skin) cubed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet or griddle. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ginger powder, coconut aminos and honey and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add broccoli florets and stir. Cook on medium low for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Just before it’s done cooking add in sesame (optional). Stir to distribute sesame evenly.