This Cinnamon Bites Apple Cobbler has a juicy bottom layer of honey crisp apple slices coated in sugar and aromatic cinnamon, topped with a mouthwatering layer of bite size cinnamon buns!
Every once in a while you come across something so good, I mean soooo good… that it’s actually bad!
Get what I am saying??
What I mean is, you can’t really stop at one bite!
This happens to be the case when you combine the perfection of a fresh baked apple pie + an irresistible batch of cinnamon buns. As if either could get any better… until it actually did.
But hopefully you are planning on making this goodie during the Holidays or to serve at a dinner party, or family gathering, were there will be a lot of people competing for a scoop.
Ha! Problem solved ?
Solution two if still needed, is to [casually, almost unplanned] cut the cinnamon buns into halves and quarters, so they are actually bite size, manageable, sharing portions. Perhaps this will trick your mind to think you’ve had enough after 2 or 3 “bites” which technically isn’t a whole bun.
About this recipe
Slices of honey crisp apples coated in sugar and aromatic cinnamon and ginger, baked until it’s pillow soft. Topped with a mouthwatering layer of bites size cinnamon buns, perfectly browned, drizzled with icing and topped with more cinnamon!
Make this EASY breezy Cinnamon Bites Apple Cobbler and watch everyone drool over it and pick at it. My family could not resist until after dinner, so I opened an exception and allowed for a small sampling before their meal. After all, I can’t blame them for wanting to dive in!
Cinnamon Bites Apple Cobbler
- 4 large honey crisp apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 pk 5 refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon + a pinch for topping
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp crystalized sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Add apple slices to a pie dish. Add in sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and water. Using your hands, mix well until all slices are evenly coated. Cover with foil and bake for 50 mins.
- Meanwhile, pop open the cinnamon roll packaging and place them on a cutting board. Cut the cinnamon rolls into halves and quarters. Set icing aside.
- Remove pie dish from the oven and place cinnamon roll bites on top of the apples.
- Return apple cobbler to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until cinnamon bites are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and place it on a cooling rack. When completely cooled, top with icing, crystalized sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve it alone or with a scoop of ice cream!