This 10-minute Sheet Pan Mediterranean Shrimp recipe is easy, quick and effortless, perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering. This recipe is vibrant, flavorful and healthy!
In my humble opinion sheet pan dinners are the cat’s meow. It’s true! Because it allows me to cook a protein source and several veggies all in one pan in the oven. This means dinner is done easy, reducing the time I spend in the kitchen as well as the amount of dishes I have to clean.
One of my favorite types of protein to cook in a sheet pan is seafood. That is because seafood cooks very fast, practically at the same speed as most vegetables allowing for an easy toss-in sheet pan dinner that cooks together from start to finish!
Some of my favorites sheet pan recipes include this Sheet Pan Mediterranean Cod, this Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Scallops, and this Sheet Pan Salmon. They are all so simple, yet full of flavor and texture, not to mention that these recipes are HEALTHY and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Now relatively compared to this sheet pan mediterranean shrimp time-wise is my Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers, that is cooked in 15-minutes under the broiler and has that awesome grilled-like taste and feel to it.
This mediterranean inspired sheet pan shrimp recipe is packed with a few staples from the mediterranean cuisine such as olives, feta, oregano and lots of olive oil. But here are a few tips to help you make this recipe a success;
- Marinate the shrimp in a bowl instead of drizzling some oil and seasoning over the pan. This way your shrimp will have full coverage of flavor
- Choose a high quality olive oil for this recipe because you will use lots of it. In fact I recommend that you drizzle extra olive oil once the dish is out of the oven and ready to serve
- Add the olives after cooking. While olives can be cooked along with most dishes, in this case they will look and taste best if added afterwards along with the feta cheese.
- Garnish the shrimp with lots of fresh herbs (in this case cilantro or parsley). It adds to the taste and presentation.
Is shrimp on the Mediterranean diet?
One of the key focus of the Mediterranean diet is eating lots of fish and seafood, therefore shrimp is a great addition to all your mediterranean recipes.
I grew up eating lots of shrimp and I love adding this crustacean to all my recipes from Mediterranean inspired to, Asian, Brazilian and Portuguese , and you can find all these options in this Shrimp Recipe Roundup!
What’s the best way to season shrimp?
Don’t be shy when seasoning shrimp. Shrimp have a mild flavor and will take on whatever flavor you add. I love adding plenty of olive oil, coarse sea salt and freshly grounded peppers, red pepper flakes and a good lemon squeeze!
Check out this
This fresh summer meal is
done under 20-minutes
looking for new ways to incorporate more mediterranean shrimp recipes into your diet? here are my favorites easy ones!
- Cajun Shrimp Cauliflower Rice (Whole30, Gluten-Free, 20-minutes)
- Shrimp Corn Skillet (Easy, 22-minutes)
- Portuguese Shrimp Mozambique (Spicy, healthy, GF, 20-minutes)
- Shrimp Tacos (GF, Grain-Free, Soy-Free)
- Shrimp Avocado Salad (Healthy, Low-Car, 13-minutes)
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich (Light and Healthy, Lunch)
If you make this Sheet Pan Mediterranean Shrimp recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Loving all the fresh and colorful Mediterranean foods? Check out this Mediterranean Hummus Salad too. P.S. it doubles as an appetizer!
Sheet-Pan Mediterranean Shrimp
- Baking Sheet
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp each, oregano and smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- In a large bowl season the shrimp with 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano and juice from lemon.
- Trim and wash the asparagus, then lay them flat on the baking sheet. Season with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place seasoned shrimp on top of asparagus and top with sliced red onions. Bake for 10 minutes in the middle rack. Shrimp is cooked when the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove shrimp from oven and top with feta, olives and fresh cilantro or parsley, drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.