Easy, simple and healthy Instant Pot Salmon and Quinoa meal made with few ingredients and only two minutes under pressure.
Colorful bell peppers, fresh herbs and olive oil adds flavor to this Instant Pot Salmon and Quinoa meal.
If you own an instant pot (assuming that you do since you landed on this post), I am certain that this magic pot has impressed you with its ability to cook up a meal real fast.
This has certainly been the case for me, even though I grew up with pressure cookers (the old noisy ones). At that time we used it exclusively to cook beans and bone-y meats.
Today with the evolution of the old noisy stovetop pressure cookers to the electric multi-cooker we call Instant Pot, the sky is the limit!
For me instant pot salmon is the one thing that keeps me in awe every-single-time!
To those busy Moms and Dads out there, let me tell you something... keep salmon in your freezer at all times! Why?
- you come home after a long day of work, tired, only to realize you have not taken anything out of the freezer. It happens to the best of us
- your family is famished and they are all looking at you. Even the dog!
- fear not! take that solid frozen salmon out of the freezer and cook in the instant pot for 2 minutes and done!!
- better yet. Add quinoa to the bottom of the pot and make it a whole meal 🙂
Other instant pot salmon recipes and easy meals you might enjoy:
what you will need to make this Instant Pot Salmon and Quinoa recipe:
- an Instant Pot! I have this 6qt instant pot that I use for all my recipes.
- Instant pot trivet to hold the salmon above the quinoa. I also recommend this accessory bundle so you get the most out of your instant pot.
- 2 6oz Salmon filet. You can add more salmon if you like. To fit more salmon on the trivet simply cut the salmon filets in half. Cooking times will remain the same.
- 1 cup of white quinoa. This is one of the brands I use but any white quinoa will work.
- colorful bell peppers will make the dish pretty but you can use one color of bell pepper if it's easier.
- cilantro (or parsley) will brighten the dish and add flavor
- good high quality olive oil. Make sure you buy an olive oil that were bottled within 18 months for best flavor.
This instant pot salmon and quinoa recipe is perfect for meal prepping!
If you make this Instant Pot Salmon and Quinoa recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag #gardeninthekitchen on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Instant Pot Salmon and Quinoa
- Instant pot
- (2) 6oz salmon*
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups water
- ⅓ cups each, yellow, green, red bell pepper** chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Add quinoa, water and bell peppers to the instant pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste and give it a good stir.
- Place the trivet on top of the quinoa. Add seasoned salmon.
- Cook on high pressure (HP) for 2 minutes. Allow for 5-10 minutes of natural pressure release (NPR), then quick release remaining pressure (QPR)
- Remove salmon and trivet. Add a handful of fresh cilantro or parsley to the quinoa and stir.
- Serve the salmon over the quinoa and season well with olive oil and a fresh sprinkle of ground black pepper.