Fresh and flavorful, this Kiwi Collagen Agua Fresca is hydrating, delicious and fun to serve. If you struggle with not drinking enough water, this Kiwi Agua Fresca is the recipe you need!
We all know the importance of staying hydrated, especially during the warmer months when our bodies are most active and our sweat glands are working overtime. But it turns out, staying hydrated isn’t as easy as we think.
Looking back at my own struggles trying to find ways to pick up this important habit, a few things made a difference. But it wasn’t until I received two weirdly unexpected health advice that I decided it was time to discipline myself to drink more água! Better yet, I wanted the be able to gravitate towards water with joy and satisfaction… which to be honest, it took some time.
5 Ways To Incorporate More H2O In Your Life
- Although water is a human necessity, drinking enough water to support a healthy body is actually a habit. When you get thirsty and reach for a glass of water (hopefully not a sugary drink), it means that your body is already dehydrated. Basically this was me, thinking I was being pro-active when in actuality being hydrated means not getting to the point where your body need to remind you of it. Understanding this is a habit in which you will need to push yourself to accomplish, is step one!
2. Grab a cute reusable BPA-free bottle that speak your style. This step will likely get you to drink a lot more water then you otherwise would. Plus it’s more affordable, sustainable, better for the environment and a much healthier option for you.
3. If you are still struggling to fill up your glass, try adding natural flavors to it! To this date I use this trick, not because I am still training my body but rather because I love adding a hint of flavor to my water. This step alone got me the furthest ahead on developing the habit to drink more water. Which flavor to choose? That’s entirely up to you but I don’t recommend adding sugars or sweeteners as you might turn your water into a juice. Instead use fruit that contains natural sweeteners, a squeeze of lemon and fresh mint!
4. Give yourself another reason why! This is when collagen peptides come in play. Being a self-care driven type that I am, adding Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to my water everyday can give me more reasons to drink up! I found that, just as important as drinking water, it is to replenish my body with collagen. As we age the production of collagen protein in our body decreases significantly. We start to see and feel the results of it on our wrinkly skin, dull hair, joint pain, fragile nails, etc… Although this is a natural process we call aging, by adding collagen to my daily water I can slow down this process and give my body the collagen it’s missing to perform and look it’s best.
5. Carrying that stylish water bottle with you everywhere you go! Remember, this is a habit you are trying to learn. If your water bottle is in hand at-all-times, you are a gazillion times more likely to drink it, even if you are not thirsty!
Today I can happily say that I’ve reached a hydrating level that works for me. I drink about 6-8 14oz bottles of water a day not including my morning matcha or occasional coffee.
Below I am sharing a very special recipe that you can use to incorporate into your daily hydration. This kiwi agua fresca is super refreshing, delicious and fun to drink. You can use coconut water, filtered water or a mix of both for added natural electrolytes and collagen to replenish your body with this important protein.
I hope this guide will help you with this important and often neglected human necessity. If you make this recipe of feel inspired with your own ideas, please tag #GardenintheKitchen, as I would love to see what you come up with!
Kiwi Collagen Agua Fresca
- 6 whole kiwi, peeled, in chunks
- 8 cups filtered water OR coconut water, or you can mix both
- 8 pk Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Place kiwi chunks and water/ coconut water* or half of each in a blender and work it for about 30-50 seconds, or until there are no longer kiwi chunks.
- Pour kiwi water in a jar. Add in Vital Protein Collagen Peptides, lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.