Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk with a hint of elderberry maple. This recipe is a must try! Perfect paired with your morning cereal, oatmeal, for all baking needs or to make your favorite beverages.
I am no stranger to making Almond Milk. Wanna know why? Because once you make Almond Milk for the first time, you are hooked for life! Although making your own Almond Milk at home does require a few easy steps and a powerful blender, the freshness and taste is so unbelievably delicious that you will be glad you did.
May I suggest:
I personally can't leave without almond milk these days. It's the perfect addition to my morning oatmeal, with cereal and for all baking needs. I also love making smoothies, cappuccinos and lattes with almond milk.
Whenever I make fresh Almond Milk I try to make a very large jar or two because it goes fast. Ron and I love drinking a glass of pure Almond Milk first thing in the morning, and that's something we don't do with store bought Almond Milk. The homemade stuff taste so unbelievably delicious and fresh, you just have to drink up straight 🙂
Vanilla Elderberry Almond Milk
- 3 cups raw and unsalted almonds
- 6 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Elderberry Infused Maple Syrup*
- Soak almonds in water for 10-12 hours. Rinse.
- Add almonds and water to high power blender and process for 2 minutes**
- Add the vanilla and maple and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Place a cheese cloth over a fine mesh strainer and slowly pour a third of the almond milk. Using a spoon, mix to help the milk pass through quicker. Discard dry almond pulp once all the milk has passed through. Repeat this step until done.
- Store the almond milk in a jar in refrigerator for up to 8 -10 days.
**Time based on a Vitamix. Times may vary depending on your machine.
Bethany @ athletic avocado says
Homemade almond milk is always better and creamier than the store-bought version! Love the addition of vanilla and elderberry syrup for a touch of sweetness!
WOW! I Love this so much!! I love almond milk and have been meaning to try making it...but this is even better than plain!
Silvia Ribas says
Oh you will love this! Thanks for stopping by 🙂