This post has been sponsored by al fresco® but all opinions expressed are my own.
QUICK & DELICIOUS Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Skillet, tossed with fresh tomatoes, broccoli and al fresco fully cooked chicken sausage!
It’s time we talk about the elephant in the room; weeknight dinner! This subject gets me more than excited because I know it can be frustrating, overwhelming at times, but it doesn’t have to be.
I get it! After a long day at work, endless after school activities to get kids to and from and all the other errands, the last thing you want to do is spend an hour on your feet making complicated multiple-steps dinner. Sometimes you need fast, easy, but still really good food.
Emphasis on really good, because quality and taste are non-negotiables!
how to make really good food, fast and easy
Shortcut. Shortcut. Shortcut! There are many ways you can reduce the amount of work by adopting a few shortcuts into your routine. Some of my favorites include using pre-cut veggies, pre-washed salad greens and pre-planned food kits. In these cases all there is left to do is to add some protein for a complete meal!
- pre-cut veggies – eliminate the prep-work completely. Having to chop up a mountain high of vegetables can take up loads of time adding to your frustration.
- pre-washed salad greens – great for instant salads! If kids are too hungry, give them a bowl of greens first, as they will be more inclined to eat a salad when they are super duper hungry!
- store-bought spirilized noodles like zucchini, sweet potatoes, beets, butternut squash. This can be a fun way to get kids to eat more vegetables, plus veggies will cook a lot faster this way.
- pre-cut food kit – all ingredients needed are usually included. Often times all you need to do is add protein for a complete meal. (ex: stir fried and soup kits)
- batch-cook what you can (meal prep) – this short cut eliminates so much time in the kitchen. Either on a Sunday or whichever day you find yourself with a bit of extra time, cook a large batch of pasta, rice, potatoes or beans. Add the finishing touch (sautéed veggies + protein) just prior to eating!
but what about protein?
When it comes to adding protein to my easy meals, al fresco® all natural fully-cooked chicken sausage is my go-to choice. Aside from providing with a quick, easy and delicious option of protein, al fresco strives for high quality and clean labeled products, because no one should have to choose between food that’s good and food that’s good for you.
Here is a little more about al fresco all natural chicken sausage;
- Made with lean, skinless chicken meat
- 70% less fat than pork sausage (USDA)
- 30% less sodium than pork sausage (USDA)
- Gluten free
- Fully cooked – ready in minutes
al fresco chicken sausage is perfect as a pizza topping, tossed with pasta, tacos, rice, beans and salads. It comes in 10 mind-blowing flavors, so there is a favorite for everyone in your family!
Easy 18-minute tossed pasta with chicken sausage and veggies, perfect for a weeknight meal!
- 16 oz whole grain spaghetti (works with linguini or angel hair)
- 11 oz (4) al fresco roasted garlic chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved and whole
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
Meanwile heat oil in a large skillet. Add in onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant and onions are translucent (2 mins).
Add tomatoes, broccoli and chicken sausage and cook until vegetables are soft and sausage turns golden brown (about 5 mins).
Add in the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine
Transfer pasta to the skillet and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine (1 mins).
Garnish with fresh basil, fresh ground pepper and parmesan cheese. Serve.
*This recipe can be gluten-free. Simply substitute the pasta for a gluten-free option.
**Al Fresco Natural Chicken Sausages are gluten-free and fully-cooked.