Classic, easy and delicious make-ahead Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce. This tangy and vibrant cranberry sauce delivers amazing consistency and incredible flavors!
When it comes to holiday cooking, Cranberry Sauce is the eye popping mouthwatering dish that everyone desperately want to get their hands on. It offers a contrast of flavors against the other traditional recipes that is simply irresistible!
But when it comes down to which cranberry sauce to serve, make-ahead cranberry sauces are the way to go. Considering that canned cranberry sauces has had it’s time on the spot line, families are opting more for a homemade sauce that they can add their own touch but still be an effortlessly considerate option.
Then maybe this make-ahead Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce the right option for you.
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Easy, effortless, no stirring required, this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe is incredibly delicious with just the right consistency and chunk to liquid ratio. I know that wounds a bit weird in these words, but sauce is describe as a “thick liquid” so whenever I see a cranberry sauce that has absolutely no parts of liquid, it losses half of it’s value.
This Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce has the thickness and chunkiness to it that we love without loosing it’s delicious juices. It is absolutely perfect!
As for the flavors, think of a citrusy infused sauce with hints of ginger and just the right amount of sweetness!
Check out this Brown Butter Sage Sweet Potato recipe!
There is no getting wrong here, this recipe come out perfect every time. It will thicken naturally while it’s been stored in the refrigerated or if you make this hours ahead. But if you are eating right away and you want to reduce some of the liquids, simply sauté for an extra 5 minutes (read recipe notes for instructions)
I made this recipe for my family and they all loved it. I thought the kids would miss the extra sweetness and jelly consistency of the canned stuff but they didn’t. Kids are the best food critics, they will tell you right away if is no good.
I hope you will try this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe, and that your family will love it as my as we do!
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup juice from 1 orange, plus zest from 1/2 orange
- 1/2 whole lemon juice, plus zest
- 1/3 cup maple syrup,
- Add all the ingredients to the instant pot (except maple) and give it a quick stir
- Secure the lid and turn venting knob into lock position.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. When done allow for 10 minutes of natural release, if there is any pressure left after 10 minutes, quickly release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, remove ginger slices and add maple. Give the cranberry sauce a stir and allow too cool off and thicken before serving.