This Instant Pot Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese is a gluten-free family favorite recipe, made with a flavorful combination of three cheeses, and topped with toasted panko.
INSTANT POT SUNDAY SERIES - WEEK TWO
Welcome to week two of the Instant Pot Sunday Series, this time with a classic family favorite recipe suited for the Instant Pot aaaaand gluten-free!
If you are accustomed with the boxed stuff (hey no worries, we’ve all been there!), get ready for a HUGE step up in flavor, quality and freshness in this rich, creamy and deeeeelicious Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese.
Did you miss week one of our Instant Pot Sunday Series?
--->Catch it HERE!<---
For this recipe we will be using the sautéing method to toast our gluten-free panko, followed by a quick 3-minute high pressure to cook our elbow macaroni just right. Then we come back to the pot using the sauté method once again, to make our creamy cheesy sauce. Once melted we fold in the macaroni and finish our dish with toasted panko and a touch of finely chopped parsley.
In little time you will be serving (and eating) the BEST Mac & Cheese of your life and enjoying yet another amazing Instant Pot Sunday meal with you beloved family!
HEY, to keep our goals in check (family goals there is), drop a comment below and let us know how do you keep your family traditions alive. Do you have a special way to bring everyone together around the table? is there a special meal that never fails to bring smiles to their faces? or simply share your experience after making one of my Instant Pot Sunday recipes!
Instant Pot Three Cheese Macaroni
- 1 pk gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup parmigiano-reggiano
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Power on the Instant Pot and turn on sauté mode. Add oil and panko, stirring until lightly toasted and color turns golden brown. Turn cooker off. Remove panko, set aside. Wipe clean the pot and return to cooker.
- Add macaroni and water to the Instant Pot. Close lid, lock and turn the steam release handle to sealing position. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. When time is up, allow some of the pressure to be released naturally (about 5 mins) then turn the steam release to venting to release remaining pressure. Drain pasta and set aside. Wipe inner pot clean and return to the cooker.
- Turn on sauté mode and add in butter. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then add in flour, milk and onion powder, stirring to combine. Cook until it starts to thicken, about 3 minutes. Add all 3 cheeses and season with salt and pepper to taste*. Stir until cheese has melted. Add in macaroni and fold to combine.
- Transfer macaroni to a serving dish. Top with toasted panko and more parmigiano cheese, garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Store any left over in a glass container for up to 3 days and steam to heat when ready to eat again.