Mushroom Prosciutto Fettuccini sautéd in a fragrant shallot oil wine sauce with crispy prosciutto and browned wild mushrooms!
Pasta nights are undoubtedly a crowd pleaser meal that is both easy to make and delicious to eat, ranking high on the list of Mom’s favorite meals to serve.
Whether you go for that trusty jar or whip up your own sauces, it seems like an easy and effortless meal in which we can realistically manage to squeeze in during those busy weeknights, when a three-step baked stuffed chicken simply isn’t quick enough.
For me --the simpler the better, emphasizing on flavor and quality... is the way to go!
Although this Mushroom Prosciutto Fettuccini has that simplistic look and it’s rather quick to make, there is flavor in every bite!
Bathed in a deliciously fragrant shallot oil sauce with browned wild mushrooms and topped with crispy prosciutto bites, this fettuccini recipe is nothing but a tasty and elegant dish that you can serve on a busy week night as well as on special occasions.
There are so many ways you can enjoy a delicious plate of pasta. I personally love all-of-them, but my hope is that you will give this recipe a try. Perhaps you never added prosciutto or wild mushrooms to your pasta and this will inspire you to try something new!
Mushroom Prosciutto Fettuccini
- 1 lb fettuccini pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 1 med shallot chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable base or ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups mixed wild mushrooms
- ¼ cup white wine optional
- fresh tarragon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add prosciutto slices, side by side and let it crisp on both sides before removing from skillet (about 2-3 mins each side). Transfer to a paper towel to absorb the excess oil and set aside.
- Now it’s time to put the pasta in pot with boiling water. Undercook the pasta by about 3 mins.
- Add in shallots and mushrooms to the skillet, stir until mushrooms are browned.
- Take about ¾ cup of pasta water and dissolve the vegetable base in it. Add this vegetable base water to the skillet and stir. Add wine at this point.
- Remove the pasta from pot and add to the skillet (no draining needed). Gently fold to combine with sauce and mushrooms. If needed add more pasta water to the skillet. Turn heat down, cover and let it simmer for up to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop up the prosciutto into bite size. Also remove tarragon leaves from stem.
- Remove pasta from stove. Add in chopped up prosciutto and fresh tarragon. Serve hot.