Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free); a delicious crunchy chocolate chip cookie filled with pistachios and cranberries, half-dipped in dark chocolate. The perfect dessert for your Holiday events!
No other food screams fun, louder then cookies. So as the Holidays approach, I plan on being armed with jars of cookies to guarantee that everyone will have a good time.
The truth is —everyone is expecting to eat cookies. That’s it! Pretty straight forward friends, gotta make cookies. Even Santa comes to town every year to get some… what does that tell ya ?!
I certainly don’t want to be a bad girl for Santa, for I too have a Christmas List that’s growing faster then wild fire and I better not mess around. Not with Santa. Not with cookies.
All jokes aside, I am thrilled and excited to have partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this gluten-free cookie-liciuous recipe for the Holidays, because everyone should get their hands on some cookies. Speaking of “getting their hands on some cookies”, just look at this guy (picture below). Do you think he was offering me a hand? Nope. He just wanted to get a cookie, and go… ! Totally unplanned but I loved his little action, because that’s what it comes down to. We love cookies, we can’t resist cookies and we celebrate with cookies!
These Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with pistachio bits and dried cranberries, half-dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed pistachios and sea salt. They are incredibly delicious, the kind you want to eat one after another. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour makes it easy to transform traditional recipes to gluten free. This flour combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum, just enough to create chewy cookies with terrific taste and texture. This blend is ideal for cakes, brownies, muffins, pancakes, pies and more, using as a direct replacement for all-purpose baking flour. Grab this coupon to try Bob’s Red Mill today!
There is simply no excuses why you shouldn’t be making a ton of cookies for the Holidays. However, if you need one-more-reason my friends, it is called >>EDIBLE GIFTS<< and these Chocolate Chip Cookies are just so perfect for a warming edible gift that everyone will love. Stack’em up, wrap them with a pretty bowl and Merry Christmas to All!!
- 2½ cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup sugar cane
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pistachios (divided)
- 2 cups gluten free dark chocolate chips (divided)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Cover two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the butter (room temperature) sugar and vanilla, mix until creamy. Add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add the remaining flour mixture and continue to stir until the batter is uniform. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, ½ cup pistachios and ½ cup dried cranberries and fold.
- Scoop up about a tablespoon size of batter and roll into a ball. Place it 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave in intervals of 20 secs, stirring it with a silicone spatula in between until the chocolate has completely melted.
- When the cookies are cooled off, dip it half way in the melted dark chocolate. Place it back on the cooling rack and sprinkle with sea salt or crushed pistachios (not both). Be sure to leave some cookies plain (not dipped in chocolate). When you can no longer dip the cookies in the chocolate bowl, scoop up the remaining chocolate into a small ziplock bag. Make a small cut in one of the corners of the ziplock bag and squeeze chocolate lines over the cookies that weren't dipped. Now you have a beautiful assortment of cookie toppings from these same batch!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.