These Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Pecan Cookies are gluten-free, packed with plant protein, oats and the warm flavors of the season!
Fall got me all hiked up for baking with seasonal flavors. In fact, what better way to embrace the season then by enjoying its fruitful gifts!
However, there is more to this story and I cannot wait to tell you…
So here is the thing, at first glance you may thing these cookies are just another pretty batch of cookies, right? Oh no, no, nooo… These Pumpkin Cookies are so much more then that!
Recently due to some health issues, I decided to take a long and wide break from eating meat products. As you know, consuming meat is by far the fastest and easiest route to protein land. It’s something we do mindlessly, take zero effort and taste pretty awesome too!
During my short 5-weeks journey I have been learning how to eat again. Learning self-control, strength, self-love, forgiveness. Learning that my cravings are a big part of who I am and that I am not perfect!
By now you realize what I am mostly
craving for searching for these days. PROTEIN!
About this recipe…
Back to these AMAZING Pumpkin Cookies that are waaaay more then just cookies.
Here is what you need to know about ‘em;
- These Pumpkin Cookies are your breakfast style cookies, packed with oats for brain support
- Packed with plant based protein, to keep your energy levels steady throughout the day
- Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian
- Deliciously flavored with pure pumpkin puree
- Perfect food on-the-go
- A guilt-free treat to supplement your diet
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Pecan Cookies are a healthy-packed snack disguised as a treat. Kids will enjoy them as much as grown ups do. It’s a recipe that I believe we can all benefit from, the added nutrition and plant protein, whether you are a vegetarian or not.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chocolate chip cookies +handful to decorate
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare two medium sheet pan, spray with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the first 5 ingredients to combine (dry ingredients)
- In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients until uniform.
- Pour half the pumpkin mix into the dry bowl and stir using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula. Then add in remaining ingredients, folding until fully combined (see picture 2).
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls, place on a cookie sheet and with the back of a spoon, press it down to flatten the cookies. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until bottom of the cookies start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool off on a wire rack to harden for storage.
Also try these…