This savory roasted tomato and asparagus quiche has the best flavors of summer. A simple and easy dish you can make for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Hiya all, how is your summer going so far?
I have been enjoying every minute of it and trying to convert the less exciting times into a blessing, after all it's all about how you look at it, right? Like when your four kids ask to have buddy or two over to hang out and next thing you know your house looks like a day care center. So I can either pull my hair out or count my blessings. There is a third option which involves alcohol but I don't drink, so ya...
In all seriousness, my summer has been great so far. Last week my family and I went to Texas and we had a blast! Being with family is something magical... can't explain, just an awesome feeling and I can't help but to feel incredibly blessed and thankful. Coming home is no disappointment either. I love where I am in life, generally speaking, so I was just as happy to get home, see my kitties and care for my garden. Since my arrival, I've picked lots of fresh cherry tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, zucchini and summer squash. Talk about some fresh veggies for dinner! Don't believe me? check out my Instagram feed here!
Cooking is another reason why I get so excited to come home. My kitchen is unquestionably my heavenly place. It's my safe zone, my comfort space and in many ways my therapy room.
Doing what you love is like a high speed connection with your better self
... Uhh, let's quote that!
Speaking of comfort, food and garden veggies... how does this roasted tomato and asparagus quiche sound to you? Inviting right!! Well, let me tell you friend in case you are on the path to make the same mistake as I did... This recipe is EASY, I mean eeeeaasy! I spent years dreaming of quiche, never to make one until 'bout six months ago because I was under the distorted thinking that it was too hard to make.
I think of all the quiche I would have eating if it wasn't for my distorted thinking process. But than again, looking on the bright side, now is the perfect time to quiche my way into happiness, because my parents just got 6 new chickens! I am in total free-fresh-egg-land right now 🙂
If I can save you from making the same mistake, I shall be forgiven. For this delicious roasted tomato and asparagus quiche is so easy to make and can fill your hungry tummies to the fullest. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this dish is a delicious option to make for your family and the best part is you can customize it to your liking OR refrigerator content availability 🙂 Either way, I promise you will enjoy every crumb of this savory dish.
Roasted Tomato & Asparagus Quiche
- 1 pastry recipe
- 18 asparagus spears
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 3-4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil garnishing
- Cut the tomatoes into thick slices. Place the tomato slices on cookie a sheet over parchment paper Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Broil for 5-7 minutes. Remove the roasted tomatoes from oven, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Place the pastry dough over a greased 9 inch pie dish , cutting the remaining pastry around the edges with a kitchen scissor
- Make a layer of asparagus, trimming it to fit the dish all around. Place the mozzarella cheese over the asparagus. Add more cheese if you prefer or not at all
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Pour eggs mixture over the asparagus.
- Top with the roasted tomato slices and asparagus. Garnish with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Serve hot or cold. Refrigerate remaining quiche.