This week we are going to learn how to make this classic recipe for Barbecue Chicken Pizza. The flavors are incredibly amazing, it’s a tasty and easy pizza that you can make for your family or to enjoy with friends. Make this barbecue chicken pizza your game night meal!
Table of Contents
“Some recipes are just too good not to be shared”
Since I have been stuffing my blog with pizza recipes lately (and guess who is eating all this pizza too?), I had decided to take-a-break and not post another pizza recipe for a while, until I made this barbecue chicken pizza last weekend 🙂
I am just having so much fun since I mastered this Easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe. Last Sunday we had some friends over and I made this barbecue pizza, along with some Cheese Pizza and a Margherita Pizza. It tasted so good, I knew right and then that I would HAVE to post this. So the very next day, I made more barbecue chicken pizza, to photograph for this post.
Truth be told, there are some foods we simply cannot turn down. For some this may be a sweet dessert or your favorite comfort foods. For me, I can’t imagine saying no to this delicious barbecue chicken pizza, no matter in which state of fullness I might be. The combination of all these amazing flavors are simply mouthwatering. Starting with the dough which is rich and flavorful. The chicken was baked in a pool of barbecue sauce, so its really juicy and tender. I also love the addition of red onions and fresh mozzarella cheese. This is such a classic combination that everyone loves!
Next time I make this recipe, which I am sure won’t be long, I will probably double the chicken just so I can have left overs to make a barbecue chicken wrap or more pizza, as I usually make enough dough to freeze.
Funny thing is I was never that into pizza. I guess the average pizzeria pie just didn’t do much for me. This is far from your average pizza, words cannot describe how much flavor and richness you get from a homemade dough, and a fresh pie. I discovered my love for pizza once I started making my own, now I can’t stop making and eating it, and you are all witness of this obsession.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe for pizza dough
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the pizza dough according to recipe instruction. You can use frozen dough as well.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Place the chicken in a small glass pyrex. Pour all the barbecue sauce over and cook for approximately 25 minutes. Once the chicken is fully cooked, cut it into small cubes. Collect all the sauce from them pyrex and add to the cubed chicken (this step can be done the day before you plan on making this recipe)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat both oven and stone to 500F degrees. If you place the pizza stone in the heated oven, it will crack.
- Roll the pizza dough into a round. Place the pizza round onto a floured peel and top it with barbecue sauce, chicken, red onions and mozzarella cheese. Garnish to salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly slice the pizza off the peel onto the heated pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the pizza by sliding the peel underneath the pizza to pull it out.
- Serve hot. Refrigerate or freeze remaining pizza.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.