Caramelized Figs Crispy Prosciutto Mushroom Ravioli sounds like a dream and it is! Pair it with your favorite wine to set the mood for a romantic and cozy date night.
Let’s be honest, after years to marriage (or in my case togetherness) and a few too many kids, there is little to no room for romantic date nights. I get it! However, fighting for those few in between dates, whether that’s a dinner out or dine-in, has been my goal from day one.
I realize you guys are here for the food, but for those who have been with me (as in reading my blog) from the gecko and enjoy those bits and pieces I share about me once in a while -well, I come from a divorced marriage (2009) and in 2011 I met someone incredible that has been part of my life and my girls life for all the years after that.
Like me, he was divorced with two boys. We have been living together since 2013, like the Brady Bunch, haha. Do you know that show?
My point is, I decided from early on that no matter how busy we got, we would always find time to go on a date, even if that meant to stay home, we would set the mood for a date-like experience.
Honestly, I don’t think we would be as happy as we truly are now if it weren’t for those times we cleared everything out of our calendars to focus on each other. So I totally encourage you to go on a date with you partner and make it a reoccurring event. It doesn’t matter if that’s long lost -bring it back- or if you are too busy. One thing I know for sure is, we find time for what is important!
Now, to help you out with this, here is an amazing dinner for two idea that screams romance in every bite!
This Caramelized Fig Prosciutto Mushroom Ravioli has a lot of intense and aromatic flavors what will set the mood. Pair with a glass of your favorite wine, light some candles and pleeeeease turn the tv off unless you are watching a movie that you BOTH enjoy and light the fire of love again! 😉
Lastly, if you are not into the whole ravioli prosciutto and fig thing, here is a dinner-for-two Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies that will do the job just as well!
Caramelized Fig Prosciutto Mushroom Ravioli
- 1 pk refrigerated mushroom ravioli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom (baby bella), sliced
- 1 cup mission figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh sage
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Cook mushroom ravioli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside
- Meanwhile heat a cast iron skillet and give it a quick oil spray. When hot add in the prosciutto slices and cook for a 2-3 minutes on each side. This process is very similar to cooking bacon. When done place crispy prosciutto slices over a sheet to paper towel to absorb the extra grease.
- Meanwhile, heat oil on a large skillet. Add onion slices and sauté until translucent (about 3 minutes). Add mushroom and fig slices, continue to sauté stirring often until mushroom and fig are starting to soften but not quite mushy.
- Add wine and fresh sage. Simmer on low for about a minute. Then add the ravioli folding ingredients carefully. If needed add more olive oil.
- When ready to serve top with crumbled prosciutto and serve with a generous amount of parmesan cheese.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.