Deliciously chewy, super-rich Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies. These cake-like soft cookies are so decadent, rich with tiny pecan bites that are finely chopped, adding a fun texture and overall delicious taste.
Is it ever a holiday party without a tray of cookies on the table? I’d hope not because they add a layer of excitement and there is literally nothing like the smell of fresh-baked cookies around the holidays. I mean, they even make holiday cookie scented candles for a reason, right!!
Every year I pull all my efforts to surprise the kids with a new holiday cookie, this job gets harder and harder but the cookies keep on getting better and better. Way better!
This year’s Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies are beyond perfect! These cake-like soft cookies are so decadent, rich with tiny pecan bites that are finely chopped, adding a fun texture and overall delicious taste.
I am just saying, a Mom has got to do what it takes, right? My kids don’t like nuts in their cookies. So I tricked them!
Please don’t tell…
Now, there are a boatload of cookie recipes out there, all so indulging and unique in their own way. From the holiday favorites Cranberry Orange Cookies, and Ginger Molasses Cookies, to the favorite fall Pumpkin Cookies, or Valentine’s Day special Pink Heart Cookies, or your all-year-round favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. I get you guys, there are lots of cookies to choose from!
But I beg you to add this delicious chewy chocolate pecan cookies recipe to the list. I can promise you that even a cookie hater will love these cookies! How do I know? Hmm… I wouldn’t call -myself- a cookie hater (please don’t hate me!) but I am not exactly head-over-heels when it comes to cookies either.
There I said it!
Yet, I LOVE these so much. I love the chewy cake-like texture, (my kids said it’s browny-like) either way, it has an awesome texture, super-rich and flavorful with tiny pecan bites. Honestly, you’ll just need to try these chocolate chip pecan cookies to believe.
Or… you can look at these mouthwatering photos, and yes, I took a bite while the chocolate chip pecan cookie was warm, I guess I couldn’t resist!
Also, can you possibly resist that crinkle?
That cookie crinkle is like when you are in high school and the boy you like winks at you. Hahaha, irresistible! 😊
If you make these Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans (or nut of choice) finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment whisk the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt to combine.
- Add in egg whites, one at a time. Then add in vanilla extract. Mix on medium high for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or grinder pulse the pecans until finely chopped, until you reach a grainy consistency with maybe few bigger pieces in between. I used my coffee grinder and pulsed 3-4 times only.
- Add pecans and chocolate chips to the mixer bowl and whisk on medium low for only about 20-seconds.
- Drop 1 tbsp measure of cookie dough onto a lined sheet pan, leaving about an inch of space apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at 325F degrees in middle rack until edges start to dry. The middle will be soft.
- Remove cookies from oven and let it cool completely before removing from sheet pan.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.