These Dulce de Leche Truffles served in an edible chocolate cup are the ULTIMATE party treat! Topped with sprinkles and toasted coconut (or whatever you like), these bite site treat are totally irresistible!
You may have heard of Brigadeiro at some point in life (if not, do yourself a favor and have one!), only because they are the ultimate Brazilian dessert internationally recognized for it’s ability to make life instantly better... So consider these Dulce de Leche treats (or doce-de-leite, in portuguese) it’s cousin.
That’s right, not only because they are similar in taste, consistency and ability to quickly put a smile on your face but, since we are talking about S. America food, might as well call them cousin... You know, cuz in S. America everyone is somehow related, hahaha.
Seriously, I am Brazilian and I swear I have cousins that I don’t even know, but all it takes is an introduction and we are BFF’s 🙂
Needless to say, at my house everyone is obsessed with Brigadeiro and Dulce de Leche!
Dulce de Leche is very similar to caramel but better, if you can believe it. It’s a lot smoother, creamier and perfect to roll into a bite site treat like these truffles.
However, because the holidays are just around the corner and everyone loves a good treat (even Santa!), I decided to take this amazing dessert to the next level and top with yummy sprinkles, toasted coconut... oh and serve it in an edible chocolate cup! Ohhh yeaahhh!!!
The whole thing is edible, delicious and Instagram/ VSCO worth it! As my daughter said while she snapped a picture 🙂
The chocolate cup is made with milk chocolate so perfect and delicious, and the dulce de leche truffles are super creamy and irresistible topped with a yummy crunchy bite!
This dulce de leche treat is the ULTIMATE party food, perfect for the holidays, birthday parties and all occasion throughout the year.
Dulce de Leche Truffles
- 1 can dulce de leche or make this recipe
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10-12 mini baking cups
- chocolate sprinkles
- white sprinkles
- toasted coconut
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small glass bowl and microwave until chocolate starts to melt. Using a silicone spatula, stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour about a teaspoon of chocolate into the baking cup and gently move the baking cup around in all directions distributing the chocolate evenly around. If needed, add more chocolate into the baking cup.
- Place each baking cup in the freezer right after coating in chocolate. Repeat process until you cover about 10-12 baking cups.
Dulce de Leche Truffles
- To roll the dulce de leche into balls, it’s best that the dulce de leche is cold.
- Place a small amount of coconut oil on the palm of your hands, scoop up a small amount of dulce de leche into your hands. Roll them into a treat size ball, then roll them in sprinkles.
- Place the treats on a plate and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, remove chocolate baking cups from he freezer and peel the paper off. Since the chocolate is thin, I found that it’s best to literally rip the paper off, like you do with a piece of candy rather then trying to pull it away.
- Place dulce de leche balls inside the chocolate cups and serve.
- Keep refrigerated.
Leave a Reply