This Instant Pot Dulce de Leche is thick and creamy sweet caramel like paste ready to take all your favorite desserts to the next level!
INSTANT POT SUNDAY SERIES - WEEK SEVEN
Week seven is here and I have another exciting IP recipe that will blow your mind!
December is unquestionably the most indulging time of the year, and with the Holidays just around the corner I decided to make this Instant Pot Dulce de Leche, to add a sweet touch to our favorite desserts.
But what is Dulce de Leche?
Dulce de leche or doce de leite (portuguese) is a thick and creamy caramel like dessert traditionally made from milk and sugar (a longer process that requires hands-on attention). Alternatively, it can be made from sweetened condensed milk (the canned stuff, quicker process). It is used as a topping or filling to your favorite desserts or by itself with a craving size spoon, my favorite way 🙂
While the traditional method requires several hours of hands on work this quicker Instant Pot method couldn’t be easier and simpler. In additional to the condensed milk, all we need is 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to deepen the flavor. That’s it!!
Having a tub of dulce de leche ready will make your dessert-making process much easier and enjoyable. This way you can turn simple desserts into mouthwatering creations.
Below I selected three delicious recipes which demonstrates a few of the possible uses. Another idea is to switch the caramel on this IP Cheesecake recipe to dulce de leche, which is just as indulging. Either way, you can’t go wrong with adding this to your favorite desserts, as I am sure everyone will love it!
If you make this Dulce de Leche recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Instant Pot Dulce de Leche
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove label and top of condensed milk, discard. Cover the can with a tight layer of aluminum foil.
- Place steaming rack inside of the Instant Pot. Then place the can of condensed milk on the rack.
- Add enough water to reach halfway up the sides of the can.
- Cover, seal pressure knob and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- When done carefully remove the can of condensed milk from the pot. Pour into a bowl, add vanilla extract and fold to combine.
- Store in an air-tight glass container in refrigerator.
Mexican Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Dulce de Leche Filling by The Beach House Kitchen
Dulce de Leche Ice Cream by The View From Great Island
Creamy Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate by Happy Foods Tube
I also made my own Dulce de Leche Chocolate Sandwich Cookies!
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the "Save" button.