These Green Gobblers Meringues are MEGA adorable and super easy to make! Bring the fun to the party with these Green Gobblers treats, I can assure you no one will resist!
When it comes to Halloween celebrations I become the happy kid in the room! Maybe because Halloween wasn’t a party of my childhood culture, or maybe because it is simply too damn cute!
I love making fun Halloween treats to surprise the kids after from school. Yes, they are getting a bit too old but the excitement is still there. So as long as they enjoy and get to share a few treats with their friends, this happy Mama will continue to make food fun for them.
Last year made these cute White Chocolate Marshmallow Ghosts that are super simple, kind of a last minute idea, but if you got a bit more time these Green Gobblers Meringues will bring the fun to the party!!
These Green Gobblers are MEGA adorable and super fun to make. This recipe does not require a lot of ingredients, only egg whites, sugar, green food coloring and goggly eyes. That’s it!! I bet even the kids would love to help you. My favorite part was trying to give each gobbler a different swirl, some more intense in color, some super light and kind of create a fun character out of each of them.
I hope you enjoy this fun and creative idea for a halloween treat. Once the meringues are completely cooled off, you can put them in little treat bags to give them out, and totally the be the cool one in the neighborhood!
Green Gobblers Meringues
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups white sugar
- green food coloring
- goggly eyes two sizes
- Turn oven on 290F degrees. Set aside two lined sheet pan.
- Place the egg whites in a large glass bowl and using a stand mixer or hand held mixer whisk until they form a peak.
- Slowly add in the sugar, about ¼ cup at a time, while you continue to whisk with a mixer until glossy.
- Spoon mixture into the baking sheet and dab with green food coloring (I used a toothpick). With the back of a spoon swirl the food coloring in a circular motion to blend in. Add extra food coloring to some, for a darker shade and intense swirls.
- Bake for 30 minutes, depending on the size of the meringues it might take longer. As soon as the bottom starts to brown and body has harden, remove from oven and place the goggly eyes. Allow to cool off completely before serving