Healthy Low-Carb Parmesan Cauliflower Salad slightly steamed for a softer and more digestible texture, mixed with flavor boosting parmesan cheese and topped with fresh tomatoes and blueberries.
If you are into those amazing food videos that pop-up on your screen every time you log on to your social media, I take that you’ve noticed quite a buzz around cauliflower recipes lately. Recently I commented on one-of-those jaw dropping video that I could literally live off of cauliflower! I mean, this stuff can be made into pizza, breads, tator tots, burgers, dip… you name it!
Realistically tho, how many of these recipes will the average person with .5 seconds to spare be making? Hm… not many.
The idea behind it is 110% thumbs up and if you have the time -go do it! I even got a ’tots awesome Breakfast Cauliflower Tots recipe that you can grab.
But for the rest of the world (I see lots of hands going up) 🙂 there is a much simpler, easier and still flipping delicious way that you can cook with cauliflower, and I bet you will love it just as much!
Truth is cauliflower is a great low-carb option for those who are cutting down on carbs and sugar, cuz white carbs (a.k.a simple carbs) = sugar! while providing the body with plenty of nutrition. For instance a medium sized cauliflower head contains only 29g carbs!! Now that’s something to celebrate ?
Speaking of celebration, this RED-WHITE-BLUE Cauliflower Salad is the perfect addition to your Memorial Day Weekend and Fourth of July celebrations!!
This Healthy Low-Carb Parmesan Cauliflower Salad is slightly steamed for a softer and more digestible texture, mixed with flavor boosting parmesan cheese and topped with fresh tomatoes and blueberries. I used a simple dressing, to complement the salad and bring up the flavors.
This cauliflower salad recipe is all around a good, fulfilling, delicious recipe for your everyday healthy eating. If you had a change to read my Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad you heard me say that I am not a big fan of salads, so if I can eat a bowl of salad without looking at the bowl 10x to see if it’s gone… then I know the stuff is for real!
Besides, the celebrations are just around the corner, and this RED-WHITE-BLUE salad will look gorgeous on your table!
Parmesan Cauliflower Salad
- 5 cups cauliflower 1 lg head
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and transfer to a food processor or blender. Pulse until florets have turned into a rice-like consistency, in another words -finely chopped.
- Transfer to a steamer, cover and cook for 3 minutes (See notes). Then immediately transfer to a fine mesh strainer, let sit and cool off while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Wash blueberries and tomatoes, set aside
- Using a chef’s knife, chop the shaved parmesan cheese to about the same size as the cauliflower. Set aside
- In a small glass jar add the dressing ingredients, cover and shake well
- Now bring the salad ingredients together in a large glass bowl. Add dressing and mix to combine.
- Serve cold and keep remaining salad refrigerated
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.