Instant Pot Corn Risotto is perfect for those who love the creamy texture and sweet flavor of fresh corn. With the help of your Instant Pot, you can have a satisfying meal in no time.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe:
- It’s quick and easy to make, and perfect for busy weeknights.
- The sweet flavor of fresh corn adds a delicious twist to traditional risotto.
- The creamy texture of the rice is perfectly complemented by the crunchy texture of the corn.
What is Instant Pot Corn Risotto?
If you love risotto and corn, then you will definitely enjoy Instant Pot Corn Risotto. This dish is a creamy and flavorful combination of sweet corn and rice cooked in an Instant Pot. It is a quick and easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Corn Risotto is a pressure cooker version of the classic Italian risotto dish. The Instant Pot is a versatile kitchen appliance that can cook rice, grains, and other foods quickly and easily. Using an Instant Pot to make risotto saves time and effort because it eliminates the need for constant stirring and monitoring that traditional risotto requires.
Instant Pot Corn Risotto is a delicious and comforting meal that is perfect for any occasion. It can be served as a side dish or a main course, and it pairs well with a variety of meats and vegetables. This dish is also vegetarian-friendly, making it a great option for those who are looking for meatless meals.
Essential Ingredients for Instant Pot Corn Risotto
When it comes to making Instant Pot corn risotto, there are a few essential ingredients that you will need to have on hand. Here are the key ingredients that you will need to make a delicious and creamy corn risotto in your Instant Pot:
- Arborio Rice – This is a type of short-grain rice that is commonly used to make risotto. It has a high starch content, which gives risotto its characteristic creamy texture.
- Fresh Corn – Fresh corn is the star ingredient in corn risotto. You will need to use fresh corn ears, which you can easily remove from the cob using a sharp knife.
- Coconut Milk – This adds a creamy and coconut flavor to the dish.
- Shallots – These milder versions of onions are perfect for a mellow dish like risotto.
- Garlic – Just a couple of cloves of garlic will do here.
- Thyme – Fresh herbs add a wonderful depth of flavor to this dish.
- Parmesan – Grated parmesan is slightly salty and makes it deliciously creamy.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
To make Instant Pot corn risotto, you will need to gather the necessary ingredients and follow a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove corn kernels from the cob. Reseve the kernals from 1 ear and add the remaining corn to a food processor and pulse a few times until it starts to break down. Then add coconut milk and pulse until creamy.
- Turn instant pot on sauté mode and melt 2 tbsp butter. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add thyme and season with salt.
- Add rice and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the coconut corn cream and add in the remaining corn (whole corn kernels) and stir well.
- Stir in 3 cups of hot water. Cancel sauté mode and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When done release all pressure quickly.
- Open the instant pot and add in remaining 1 tbsp butter and parmesan cheese. Stir unti creamy and serve.
By following these simple steps, you can make a delicious creamed corn risotto in no time. Enjoy!
Once your Instant Pot corn risotto is ready, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! Here are a few serving suggestions to help you make the most of your delicious dish:
- Garnish with fresh herbs: A sprinkle of fresh herbs like thyme, oregano, or chives can add a pop of color and flavor to your corn risotto. Simply chop up some herbs and sprinkle them over the top of your dish before serving.
- Add a protein: While corn risotto is delicious on its own, you can also add a protein to make it a more filling meal. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or scallops all pair well with the flavors of corn risotto.
- Serve with a side salad: A light side salad can help balance out the richness of the risotto. Try a simple salad of mixed greens with a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
- Pair with white wine: A crisp white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc can complement the flavors of the corn risotto. Serve chilled and enjoy alongside your meal.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese: A sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese can add a salty, savory flavor to your corn risotto. Add a little bit at a time until you reach your desired level of cheesiness.
No matter how you choose to serve your Instant Pot corn risotto, be sure to savor each and every bite of this creamy, flavorful dish.
Storage and Reheating Tips
If you have leftover creamed corn in the instant pot, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. When reheating, you want to make sure the risotto stays creamy and doesn’t dry out.
You can also freeze this dish for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until it’s heated all the way through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen corn in your Instant Pot creamed corn. Simply thaw the corn before using it in the recipe. However, keep in mind that fresh corn will provide a better flavor and texture to your risotto.
The best way to thicken corn risotto is to use arborio rice, which has a high starch content that will give your risotto a creamy texture. Additionally, you can add more cheese or butter to your risotto to make it thicker.
Yes, you can make vegan instant pot risotto if you prefer. Simply leave out the parmesan cheese and substitute the butter for a vegan option.
Instant Pot Corn Risotto
- Instant pot
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 ears corn*
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter** sub for ghee or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*** (omit for Vegan)
- Remove corn kernels from corncob. Reseve the kernals from 1 corn and add remaining corn to a food processor and pulse a few times until corn starts to break dwon. Then add coconut milk and pulse until creamy
- Turn instant pot on sauté mode and melt 2 tbsp butter. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Add thyme and season with salt
- Add rice and sauté until rice edge looks translucent (2-3 minutes)
- Then add in coconut corn cream. Also add in remaining corn (whole corn kernels, not processed) and stir well
- Stir in 3 cups of hot water. Cancel sauté mode and cook on HP for 5 minutes. When done release all pressure QPR
- Open the instant pot and add in remaining 1 tbsp butter and parmesan cheese. Stir unti creamy and serve
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.