This sweet corn creamy risotto using the instant pot method is an easy, hands-off method that yield the most delicious and flavorful risotto in few minutes!
Risotto lovers, a.k.a., most of everyone I know, this easy hands-off recipe is about to blow your mind! If you ever cooked a risotto before, you know it can be a little tricky to get to that awesome creamy consistency. BUT… this instant pot version comes out so perfect without requiring a lot of attention.
Yep, you read that correctly my friend!
Furthermore, the sweet corn addition is so yummy and addicting, you may wonder if you are actually eating dinner and not dessert 🙂
A few weeks ago I made this stove stop version of Sweet Corn Risotto and now I wanted to offer you the instant pot version.
The recipe is still very much the same, besides using less liquid (less evaporation in the instant pot method) and the result was very much the same, with much much less work!
If you hop over to the stove top Sweet Corn Risotto recipe, you will see some beautiful process shots, they are very helpful if you are a visual learner.
This instant pot corn risotto recipe has a three-step process. Don’t worry it’s easy I promise! The steps are infusion, sautéing and cooking. I’ll give you a quick breakdown of each.
We are going to use 3 ears of corn, remove kernels with a knife and transfer to a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times until the corn starts to break down. Then add in 1/2 cup coconut milk (can or carton) and pulse until mixture is creamy.
The main reason why risottos are flavorful is because of this crucial step. Melt butter and add fragrant shallots, garlic and thyme. Sauté until fragrant.
Add in rice (arborio) and sauté to coat in this flavorful base, then add in corn cream mixture and remaining corn kernels (from last corncob). The whole corn kernels will add a nice texture to it!
Add water or liquid of choice and cook on high pressure. Let the instant pot do it’s magic and voilá!
Once you open the pot, add some butter and parmesan cheese, maybe some extra thyme and stir until creamy and delicious.
If you make this Sweet Corn Risotto recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING ROUNDUP – 15 EASY & HEALTHY INSTANT POT RECIPES!
Instant Pot Corn Risotto
- Instant pot
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 ears corn*
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter** sub for ghee or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*** (omit for Vegan)
- Remove corn kernels from corncob. Reseve the kernals from 1 corn and add remaining corn to a food processor and pulse a few times until corn starts to break dwon. Then add coconut milk and pulse until creamy
- Turn instant pot on sauté mode and melt 2 tbsp butter. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Add thyme and season with salt
- Add rice and sauté until rice edge looks translucent (2-3 minutes)
- Then add in coconut corn cream. Also add in remaining corn (whole corn kernels, not processed) and stir well
- Stir in 3 cups of hot water. Cancel sauté mode and cook on HP for 5 minutes. When done release all pressure QPR
- Open the instant pot and add in remaining 1 tbsp butter and parmesan cheese. Stir unti creamy and serve
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.