Set it and forget it Instant Pot White Chicken Chili made with dried beans. The result is a flavorful chili with pulled chicken chunks and a flavorful broth that will warm your whole body!
It’s soup season, YAY! There are a trillion reason why I love soup so much. From the comforting aspect of it, to it being a great source of nourishment and warmth, soups are generally easy to make and can be quite inexpensive, and the list goes on!
When it comes to soups I mostly crave the ones that can replace a whole entire meal. As much as I love Butternut Squash Soup, I often find myself hungry soon after I eat it. On the other hand, Beef/ Turkey Chili or even this Black Bean Mushroom Soup are soooo filling and makes my belly happy all the way until my next meal 🙂
That’s when I decided to make a slight variation of my favorite (Chili), which is a bit similar to this Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Soup except that I am using dried beans this time.
I found that there was an overload of soup recipes using canned beans out there, and not so much using dried beans so I went for it because I love homemade cooked beans and I just happen to have some in hand 🙂
which type of beans to use
Navy, great northern and cannellini beans are used almost interchangeably in a number of soups, stews, purees, ragouts, dips and other bean dishes. For this recipe I used 2 cups of unsoaked navy beans.
I love the simplicity of this recipe. All you need to do is toss in all the ingredients, set it and forget it! It’s really that simple and the result is nothing but a deliciously fulfilling white chicken chili recipe. The chicken is so moist from the broth and your can pull into shreds. The beans are cooked to perfection and the broth is so flavorful with a fun kick to it!
If you make this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant pot
- 2 cups navy beans, rinced
- 7 cups chicken broth + water, half of each
- 1 1/2 lb chicken filets, cut into strips
- 1 whole green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp each, smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder
- 1 tsp each, cumin, kosher salt, ground pepper and chili powder
- Place all the ingredients in the instant pot and give it a good stir.
- Close lid and turn vent in lock position. Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. When done allow for 10 minutes of NPR and then release remaining pressure.
- Serve with your favorite choice of topping