Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies (vegetarian, vegan); a delicious combination of flavors and infused oil to make the perfect light, healthy and vibrant vegetable side!
Sheet Pan Veggies and I, would like to announce that we are currently in a love/need relationship with no plans to slow down. Hehehe ? So, while this may sound funny to you, or twisted... or even exaggerated, in all truth there are no better way to describe us.
Here is why I am, and think you should commit too...
Okay, veggies are good for you and you better be over that potato relationship! While you may hear the overly suggested ‘eat your greens’, eating the rainbow is a lot more fun and beneficial, besides each vegetable has it’s own unique nutritional formula, so why not benefit from all of them!
To give you further reasons to commit to this Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies -at least- once a week, is so that you get to clean out your fridge at the end of the week and use up all the leftover veggies before you head out to the market.
Now, I often have lingering -already roasted veggies, such as sweet potato or butternut squash and I most definitely don’t want to waste those either. If this scenario fits your profile, the best solution is to throw them in along with the new veggies, about 5 minutes before it’s done roasting. You can never tell they are old!
Relationships take work. This one? Hmmm, not so much!
When you scroll down to the recipes, you will notice that I have not added amounts, but rather a suggestive idea based on what I have on my tray. So please do whatever works best for you because it will all work out beautifully!!
However, there are a few things about this Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies that I really REALLY love and try to stick to it, because it has worked so well for me. Keep these in mind...
- throw at least 1 fruit in the mix for a sweet bite
- using a fragrant infused oil such as my Rosemary Infused Oil adds a lovely flavor
- mix soft and harder veggies for a variety of texture
- a few garlic cloves in the middle will give this dish a boost in taste
- don’t over cook it. Soggy veggies don’t taste as good, they loose its nutrients and don’t refrigerate well
Please DO plan on having leftovers, as these taste pretty awesome next to your morning eggs or sausage and are the perfect side for your meal prep, just be sure to let them cool off completely before refrigerating.
That’s it! I am off to share this recipe everywhere on the web. I hope you gained knowledge and inspiration from this recipe and please help me share it too 🙂
Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies
- ¼ cup Rosemary Infused oil OR high quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- whole sweet peppers
- yellow and red bell peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- garlic cloves
- fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Whisk to combine the first three ingredients (seasonings) and set aside.
- Place all the cut up veggies on a large baking sheet. Pour the seasoning mix evenly over the veggies and toss them to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 mins and be sure to give the veggies a little stir half way through.
Leave a Reply