Enjoy the unique Jamaican flavors in this delicious and flavorful Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken.
It’s only been a week since we came back from our trip to Jamaica and I can still see, taste and feel it -in my dreams. I am precisely referring to the chicken shack located in a far corner of the resort, quite hidden by palm trees, endless pools and cozy cabanas. But there, in the chicken shack is where all my dreams begin…
Is to go back as soon as possible. So I was able to convince Mr. Protein (a.k.a Ron) to book our next stay 😉 Woohoo?
Is to re-create (like it’s even possible!) the Jamaican’s signature jerk chicken. Oh my!
If you ever had Jamaican Jerk Chicken before, you know exactly what I am talking about. That stuff melts in your mouth, then it explodes in flavor. BOOM…! just like that. Then you look for the waiter/ waitress to ask for more cuz you can’t, I mean… you just can’t end it there.
However, when none of the above is available, the very next best thing to do is to play “I wanna love you” by Bob Marley really loud, drop the shades so you don’t get distracted the piles of snow on the deck and cook up some Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Are you ready?
Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 5 chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 cup chicken/ beef broth
- salt + pepper to taste
- Turn slow cooker/ crock pot on high and add the chicken/ beef broth.
- Wash the chicken tights thoroughly. I like to squeeze fresh lemon after washed. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat about 1/2 tbsp of oil in a skillet.
- Rub chicken with remaining olive oil, then season with Jamaican jerk seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer seared chicken from skillet to slow cooker and allow it to cook on high heat for about 3 hours.
- Serve over a bed of rice and with some cold beer. Cheers!
Scroll down to grab another delicious slow cooker recipe!