Sweet Potato Shrimp Skillet; this low-carb, gluten-free meal has the perfect combination of winter veggies, spices and herbs for a quick and tasty dinner.
These days I am all about quick'n easy dinners like this Sheet Pan Salmon that I made last week, One Pot Pastas and Slow Cooker recipes. The reason is pretty simple; time. Yah, this thing called -time, which apparently learned how to fly. I am trying really hard not to
freak out worry too much or get lost in between projects, commitments and definitely trying to have fun.
Truth is January has been rough but at the same time incredibly amazing. At any time when these two opposite emotions are present in your life, chances are -it will wipe you out, cuz you go from feeling really happy to super worried or whatever. No biggie!
I realize that most of us, at one point or another go through these periods of time when you need things to be real simple. Some may argue that you need things to be simple all-the-time. Hey, I get it!
My point is, this week I made an incredibly simple recipe for you (and I). How simple? oh, just look below and you will see!
Chop. Toss. Bake. done!
Yep, this simple!
This delicious low-carb, gluten-free, tasty and nutritious dinner only takes 8 to 10 minutes to prep then off to bake. Oh and don't forget to set the timer... if your mind is busy sorting through a gazillion things, chances are you will forget.
This sweet potato shrimp skillet is an amazing choice if you want a tasty dish without having to put in a huge effort. The spices worked so perfectly together in a warningly satisfying way. You and your family will love this meal, plus you get to feel good knowing that although you had every excuse to order out or reach for the frozen instant-meal, which cough-cough isn't always best... you pulled it through and cooked something amazing for your family!!
Sweet Potato Shrimp Skillet
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- brussels sprouts halves
- mushrooms sliced
- 10-12 large shrimp peeled
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Heat oil in a oven safe skillet or cast iron. Add the sweet potatoes and sauté on medium low for about 10 minutes. Just enough to lightly soften and give the sweet potato a head start. Remove from heat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients including spices and bake for about 25 mins. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, just enough to melt the cheese. Garnish with fresh cilantro (or herb of preference) and serve.