Toasted Coconut Fudge; Vegan (V) and Gluten-free (GF), this delicious no-bake 4-ingredient dessert only takes 10 minutes to make!
It comes the opportunity for me the share yet another story, my Vitamix story… what else right? because my life is filled with (stories), surprisingly enough, they mostly relate to food 🙂 However, if you want to jump to the recipe, simply scroll down to the last image… hey, no hard feelings!
(Scroll down to bypass this long-ish story)
This past February, while enjoying a family vacation at Walt Disney World, I felt heavily proud and thoughtful, for bringing with me a beeauuutiful Valentines card to surprise my love. The week prior had been fully booked with the usual school and activities schedule in addition to us getting ready for our trip, making arrangements for the cats, and so on… If you can picture the movie Home Alone for a second, than you’ve got yourself closer to understanding the chaos of getting the six of us up, ready and out the door.
I would sure surprise him with a card… for sure right? So that morning, as we were getting ready for yet another adventurous day at Disney Would, armed with a big smile and a heart filled with excitement, I pulled out my beeauuutiful card and wished him a very HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! Ohh, how good I am…so loving and thoughtful. Just I was patting myself on the back, HE pulled out a caard too! A card (!) he actually remembered Valentine’s Day during that hectic prior week ?? oh, just wait… it gets better. Inside, on the very bottom of the card he wrote “VITAMIX”. Between his messy handwriting and my state of awe, surprise, disbelief, happiness, not feeling as loving and thoughtful, I just couldn’t belieeeve it. He is THE sweetest, most loving and kind Man <3
My Vitamix arrived a few days after we got home. If you own a Vitamix, you will perfectly understand the reason for all the excitement. As far as I know and based on my experience with several blenders throughout my whole life, nothing compares with having a Vitamix. Boy, that thing gets the job done!
Speaking of which, try blending coconut flakes (coconut flakes only!) without needing to stop a hundred times to bring the ingredients together. Yep, not once did I need to stop. In less than one minute my Vitamix turned dried coconut flakes into a thick paste-like coco-nutty thing…
Than I added the cacao butter (room temperature or slightly melted), vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and blended for another 30 seconds, increasing the speed to the highest level. Lastly, I added the maple syrup and back on for another 15-20 seconds, and done! (please keep the steps as is for best results)
Now what? y’all know another story, so tell me to stop or keep’em coming… You get your recipe and I get to sip on my coffee while chewing on a few of these…
Toasted Coconut Fudge (Vegan and Gluten-free)
- 4 cups toasted coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the toasted coconut flakes into the blender cup and pulse for about 45 seconds, starting from low speed, increasing to the highest. I did not need to stop my Vitamix once, but depending on which machine you are using, you may need to stop a few times to bring the flakes to the center.
- Add vanilla extract, cacao butter and a pinch of sea salt. Pulse for about 30 seconds.
- Lastly add the maple syrup (this can be substituted for Agave or honey, but it will no longer be a Vegan recipe). Pulse for just a few seconds, about 15. Again starting from low speed and increasing to the highest.
- Spray a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour the thick mixture onto a loaf pan. Refrigerate for a 3-4 hours or overnight to set.
- Cut the coconut fudge into small pieces (or big if you wish). Keep it refrigerated.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I would love to hear your thoughts about this recipe, or maaybe you have your own Vitamix story to share!
Like this recipe? Check out these other delicious Vegan recipes here…