This Winter Retreat salad is packed with superfoods like kale and blood orange that will nourish you from the inside out. Build immunity and a healthy glow by eating nutrient dense and seasonal foods!
Gimme all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals pleeeease!
It’s cold and flu season and unless you are planning on quitting socialization (and your job!), chances are you are widely exposed to this illness. Worse if you have kids in school.
This week alone, I had two kids down with a cold and while I cared for my little patients, I silently prayed that I wouldn’t catch it. It’s been a few years since I last got sick, and as far as I am concerned I want to keep it this way.
Check Out These AMAZING Winter Salads!
It’s when I decided to power up my plate with all the vitamins (especially Vitamin C!) that I could get from nature to strengthen my immune system to fight it’s best fight, when under attack. While there are NO guarantees that a healthy and balanced diet will prevent all diseases, I know for sure that I have a better fighting chance.
Now, I will say this -I am an all-year-round orange consumer. Most days I eat an orange right after dinner (it’s my favorite dessert!), however blood oranges are a special treat. A special WINTER treat, I will add.
This winter retreat blood orange and kale salad is packed with superfood ingredients that will nourish you from the inside out. Plus, it’s really gorgeous! So for those who eat with their eyes (that will be most of us!), this beautiful salad will appeal to your eyes, engage your taste buds and provide you with a tasty experience that you won’t forget. Kinda like if you were at a much needed winter retreat 🙂
Winter Retreat Blood Orange Kale Salad
- 4 cups lacinato kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup treviso radicchio, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 2 whole blood oranges, sliced and cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil with attached steamer. Once the water is boiling steam broccoli until tender (don’t overcook it otherwise it won’t hold it’s shape)
- Meanwhile, wash trim and chop kale, then transfer to a large bowl. Add in 1 tbsp avocado oil and massage the kale for 2 minutes. This will soften the kale and make it easier to eat.
- Add remaining ingredients including broccoli. Top with a pinch of sea salt and additional 1 tbsp avocado oil. Fold to combine and serve
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.