Amazing Paleo & Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus baked to crispy perfection and topped with crunch sea salt flakes!
So I made these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus the other day for the first time and I am pretty sure I found life’s full purpose and meaning. No joke!
You know that feeling you have when something is missing. You squint your eyes and roll it around the room to see if an object will give you a clue... then suddenly it clicks! Yep, that feeling when I pulled the tray out of the oven.
Life is complete!
And if I know you well my friend, there is a good chance your emptiness can be fulfilled with bacon (an asparagus)! Word of wisdom 🙂
Now do you want to know how to make the BEST, the CRISPIEST and most PERFECT bacon wrapped asparagus? You’re at the right place!
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Okay, I am not taking all the credit here. There isn’t a lot of science involved and thank goodness for that because I was always a borderline failing student, saving up my particular set of skills for Portuguese, literature and philosophy, compreende? So really, all you need to do is bundle these babies tight and wrap them with a nice thick fat layer of bacon.
I didn’t need to tuck in the ends, so the trick is to place the bacon ends side down. It doesn’t peel off later because after cooking they stick to the form.
Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook time is around 18-19 minutes and you should be serving (or not) the most delicious wrapped asparagus of your life!
Oh right, that not part is kinda of what I did. No shame. They were so good that I decided to casually hide these from the rest of my family so I could eat them all.
So I had bacon wrapped asparagus with eggs the next morning and once again the feeling of joy appeared. Life will never be the same again 🙂
If you'd like to grill it, you can check this version using Turkey Bacon.
Looking for other ways to cook with asparagus? Here are my favorites!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Paleo & Whole30)
- 24 stalks fresh asparagus, end trimmed
- 8 slices bacon, whole30 approved
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees. Line a medium baking sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Gather 3 asparagus stalks at a time and wrap with a slice of bacon, starting from the bottom. Place bacon wrapped asparagus bundle bacon-ends side down. Repeat until done
- Bake for 16 minutes. I did not need to turn. When done switch oven setting to broiler and cook for 2-3 minutes depending on your preference of crispiness.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the "Save" button.