Lemon Capers Roasted Asparagus & Radishes; two favorite spring vegetables roasted in lemon butter sauce, topped with capers and fresh dill.
Cooking with seasonal produce is on the tippity-top of my priority list for so many reasons, price being one of them. Since I buy most of our produce organic, the prices adds up pretty quickly, so it’s really nice to get a break on those seasonal low-priced items, PLUS they taste super fresh!
Asparagus and radishes are two early spring crops. This time of year, I can almost always buy asparagus for $2.99 reduced from $4.99 (at Whole Foods) which is a huge difference in price and the taste is so much better. One way to check the freshness of this vegetable is to gently bend the stalk, if there is resistance and the stalk is pretty tight, GREAT... get it! If the stalk in bendy and flexible... nah, it’s definitely not worth buying. Another tip to keep asparagus fresh longer in your refrigerator is to place it standing in a glass container with an inch of water on the bottom.
Check out this Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies!
I have yet to grow asparagus but I hear it’s quite the treat and not a lot of work. However I do grow radishes (see picture) and will be sure to add “growing radishes” to my upcoming Garden Series.
Radishes give foods like salads a delicious bite and crunchiness like no other vegetable does. For a rather unappreciated root vegetable, radishes are quite a powerhouse when it comes to nutrients and vitamins, plus they are super low in calories and can help you stay hydrated!
Which gives me all that many reasons to top off my salads with fresh radish this season!
This ultra easy and delicious Roasted Asparagus and Radishes with lemon capers sauce is the perfect dish to enjoy these favorite spring vegetables. This recipe only takes 15 minutes to make and can be eaten hot or cold. I love adding this Roasted Asparagus and Radishes on top of my salad greens because it gives me a good variety and mix of texture.
Let’s grab this easy recipe!
Lemon Capers Roasted Asparagus & Radishes
- 1 lb/ bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt + pepper
- 4-5 radishes thinly sliced
- fresh dill
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a small bowl mix in the melted butter, capers, juice from a half-lemon, salt + pepper and set aside.
- Wash and trim the asparagus, then arrange in a sheet pan. Pour the lemon butter sauce over the asparagus and roast for 15 mins.
- As for the radishes you can add the thin slices on top of the asparagus and roast for an additional 2 minutes or leave them raw. I personally like the crunchiness of raw radishes.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve immediately.