Crispy chicken wings baked to perfection, covered in a thick layer of homemade garlic buffalo sauce. Lots of flavor, vibrance and just the right amount of spiciness!
At first sight these Buffalo Wings may look like any other recipe out there, but look closer and you will see, and possibly drool over -totally normal- that’s because these aren’t your ordinary wings made with jared sauce. This homemade garlicky buffalo sauce is A-mazing, vibrant, finger-licking tasty and just the right amount of spiciness.
If you are a buffalo wings fan, you will love this homemade garlicky buffalo sauce and the ability to quickly whip up a batch of fresh baked buffalo wings in a wink 😉
Talk to me baby…
Do you only and always eat buffalo wings when you order take-out? That’s me! Well… that was me, until this sauce came in to my life. Now we are married and on a eternal honeymoon. Hahaha 🙂
All jokes aside, this garlicky buffalo sauce is truly amazing and very easy to make. Only few ingredients needed, which you likely have at home, five minutes, and there you have it! The best Garlic Buffalo Sauce of your life!!
While a delicious buffalo sauce will definitely set a batch of wings apart, in actuality the way you make the chicken will make the biggest difference, in my opinion. That is because if the chicken is soggy or perhaps too hard and dried out, not even a great buffalo sauce will save the day.
So let’s start by making the chicken right, seasoning with a base layer of flavor before we cover in sauce. I have taken different routes when it comes to making buffalo wings and believe me, this one not only gives me the best outcome, but works every time!
Considering these garlic buffalo wings will leave you licking fingers and wishing for more, this is a fairly easy two-step recipe that is totally accomplishable any time you want to spice up your meals.
These crispy chicken wings and drumsticks are baked to perfection and covered in a thick layer of homemade garlic buffalo sauce. So delicious and irresistible, a must try!
Baked Garlic Buffalo Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings and drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- salt + pepper to taste
Garlicky Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Cholula chili garlic hot sauce
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375F degrees. Prepare a sheet pan with roasting/wire rack. Place a layer of aluminum foil on the sheet pan below the wire rack and spray the wire rack with coconut oil/ oil spray.
- Wash and dry the chicken with paper towel then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to season the wings and mix to combine.
- Transfer the chicken to prepared pan, leaving a gap of space in between each wing/ drumstick.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning once half way through.
Garlicky Buffalo Sauce
- In a small pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in remaining sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. When sides start to bubble, turn stove off and cover the pan/ sauce. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done baking pour the garlic buffalo sauce over and serve with celery.