Chocolate Bliss Balls are tasty and sweet little bites of chocolatey goodness. Filled with energy-boosting adaptogens and nutrients, these energy balls are perfect as a healthy on-the-go snack, quick breakfast, or post-workout treat!
Table of Contents
Looking for quick and delicious ways to pack more healthy nutrients into your diet? These adaptogenic Chocolate Bliss Balls are an easy and tasty way to get started! Naturally vegan, paleo, and gluten free, these chocolate energy bites are made with wholesome ingredients designed to nourish your body.
Just like my Chocolate Date Energy Balls and Chocolate Almond Energy Balls, these no-bake chocolate bliss balls are designed to be a fun, delectable, and simple way to pack more healthy food into your diet. Featuring superfood adaptogens like reishi and maca powder, one bliss ball will keep you full and energized for hours.
These naturally sweetened energy bites are made completely in a blender or food processor and ready to eat in just a couple of minutes. You can even roll the finished bites in coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or turmeric powder to play with the flavors!
What are adaptogens?
Adaptogens are plants (usually roots, herbs, or fungi) that are known to help the body combat physical, mental, emotional, and environmental stressors. For centuries people have been adding these natural superfoods to tinctures, tisane, smoothies, juices, soups, and many other types of food to protect the body against damage and restore optimal health. Once you incorporate adaptogens into your diet, you’ll likely feel more stable, harmonious, and rejuvenated.
Chocolate bliss ball ingredients
- Almond butter – This delicious nut butter is packed with healthy fats and protein to keep you full and energized. Peanut butter, cashew butter, or nut free seed butter would also work.
- Dates – These give the balls an earthy, caramelly sweetness while helping the “dough” stick together.
- Maple syrup – A completely natural way to sweeten your energy bites! Honey or agave syrup may also be used in a pinch.
- Reishi powder – This mushroom powder can usually be found at health food stores or specialty markets. It’s often used in Asian medicine to treat infection and diseases but has a whole slew of benefits which you can read about below.
- Maca powder – Maca root is a cruciferous vegetable that comes from Peru. It’s a great source of fiber, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, and acts as a natural energy booster. Keep scrolling to learn more about the benefits of maca.
- Cacao powder – This is where the balls get their rich and chocolatey flavor without adding unnecessary sugar or dairy.
- Warming spices and flavor – A pinch of cinnamon, vanilla, and salt helps to round out and enhance the other sweet flavors.
Toppings – Try rolling your finished bliss balls in coconut flakes, cacao powder, cacao nibs, or turmeric for added flavor and nutritional benefits.
What are the benefits of reishi?
Reishi is an immunomodulator, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, heart tonic, and nervine medicinal mushroom. Used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2,000 years, reishi is known to significantly decrease fatigue, anxiety, and depression and can protect nerve cells against damage or degeneration. Reishi contains large amounts of compounds that strengthen immune cells and improve general immune system health.
Follow this link to learn more about the science-backed benefits of reishi.
What are the benefits of maca?
Maca is a Peruvian vegetable related to broccoli, cabbage, and kale. Maca is one of the more common adaptogens, popular for its known ability to boost energy, improve learning and memory, reduce blood pressure, and improve mood. Some also believe that maca contains fertility-boosting properties such as increasing libido and reducing menopause symptoms.
Follow this link to learn more about the science-backed benefits of maca.
How to make chocolate bliss balls
Chocolate bliss balls are a quick and easy snack that are packed with healthy, energy-boosting adaptogens. These sweet, chocolatey bites come together in just 2 simple steps:
Step 1: Add the almond butter, maple syrup, pitted dates, cacao powder, reishi powder, maca powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to a food processor or blender. Pulse until all of the ingredients come together.
Step 2: Roll small scoops of the chocolate energy mixture into individual balls and coat in the topping of your choice. Refrigerate for later or enjoy right away!
Bliss ball toppings
Once the energy balls are formed, roll them in any of these toppings to play with the flavors and presentation:
- Coconut sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut flakes
- Melted dark chocolate
- Cocao nibs
Tips to make the best adaptogenic bliss balls
- Use a food scale or cookie scoop to make sure all your energy bites are the same size.
- Pause the pulsing process frequently to scrape down the sides of your blender or food processor. This will ensure that all of the ingredients come together evenly.
- To store: Any leftover chocolate bliss balls can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week and are best enjoyed cold.
Looking for more energy-boosting recipes?
- Healthy Banana & Cashew Energy Balls
- Pitted Dates with Almond Butter for Stuffing
- Almond Blueberry Lemon Energy Bite
- Overnight Oats & Chia Bowl
- Protein Power Mason Jar Salad
Chocolate Bliss Balls (Adaptogenic)
- 8 oz almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp reishi powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- coconut flakes
- cacao powder
- cacao nibs
- Add the ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse for 3-5 minutes until all the ingredients are incorporated. This will require you to stop and help the ingredients come together in the center of the blender a few times.
- Roll them into balls, and then roll them into your topping of choice.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.